For Sale 1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER (1 Viewer)

What year is the motor? Is it a 4 bolt main? You have done a great job on this.

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the build. The previous owner and his father-in-law engineered and built it through a few iterations over 17 years!

Here's the engine specs:

- 1972 Chevy 350 (360 CID) 4 bolt main / 010 block castings
- Blueprinted, .060 over on bore, decked, line honed, detailed and balanced
- 1988 late model truck heads - .194 intake / .160 exhaust w/ Dynagear stainless valves, Pioneer springs & retainers
- Heads - chambered, polished, bowl ported, milled to approx. 68cc
- Elgin Cam #E-1127-P, Intake .387 lift, 258 deg duration, 108 deg lobe center / Exhaust .410 lift, 273 deg duration, 116 deg lobe center
- HP hydraulic lifters, #HL-1817
- Dynagear Double roller timing chain
- Federal Mogul cam, rod, main bearings / Sealed Power piston rings, moly top ring
- Chromoly push rods
- Mallory Comp 9000 ignition w/ Hyfire photo cell
- Edelbrock intake with Rochester Quadrajet carb
- Dual fuel pumps, stock mechanical & Carter 8 psi electric
- Chevy steel crankshaft, .010
- Pink connecting rods (forged/profiled) with ARP bolts magged and polished
-TRW flat top pistons, 9.5 to 1 compression ratio
- 5 bolt big block oil pump and pickup
- 5 qt oil pan with Truefilter reusable oil filter
- Dynamax Block Huggers headers w/ 2-1/4" triple chamber flowmaster mufflers

Nice!

The motor sounds great. Can you show any images of the interior with the air ride controls, steering, ect?

The motor sounds great. Can you show any images of the interior with the air ride controls, steering, ect?

Here's a shot from the back seat. Note the four air valves mounted between the front seats, layed out logically so the front right valve controls the inflating/deflating of front right air bag, etc. Simply lift up on the valve to inflate and down to deflate. You can either partially inflate or deflate any bag or combo of bags or make slight adjustments either up or down depending on the terrain. The underhood Cat Tu Flow belt driven, engine oil lubed and coolant cooled compressor tries to maintain a constant 100 psi in the system using the front bumper, and 2 more tanks in the rear as a reserve. It will go from 0psi to 100psi in about 60-90 secs with all valves closed.

I'll take some pics of the rear steer joystick tonight. It's on the floor just in front of the right corner of the driver's seat, under where your right thigh would normally be.

Here's a shot of the rear steering joystick.

1EE2F872-7417-4F19-A1F8-98C32BA71E5E-147-00000002478506F2.jpg

Skin-crawling Rock Crawler

Am wondering if I'm the only one with ^that^ reaction to the words visible in the latest photo shown - post #23, I think. Gee, other than that it seems pretty skookum!

Seriously, Rebel, we're too busy plopping down a few zillion dollars on a winter house to acquire a rig....right now. I fear this will have to wait until next autumn. All the best of LWS.

Or you could park it in our (not yet existing) new garage for 6 months - hey, what a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom