1963 or older tail light brackets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a couple of pictures showing some variations on these early tail light brackets. the frist one shows one with smaller and one with larger hole for light assebly. The smallar one is the same bracket that you can buy the smallar lights from Spector for. Does anyone have any information about the larger one? I have never seen or heard of this size before. Very similar....but different. The second picture shows the larger of the two fully assembled ( i have the pair..only this one has the lense).
tail light brackets difference.jpg
tail light braket assembly larger one.jpg

Those AL brackets like nice. They would be sick if they would cnc them so it had the lip like the factory ones.

the fj25 style was used up until 64ish.

The next one used the same bracket with a larger hole and larger lamp. Lamps are still available the bracket and bucket are not. 64 ish -68.

the larger ones that tear drop are from 69-73
attachment.php

Thanks for the info wesintl. Where are the lamps available for these 64 ish - 68? I didnt know they were available. I bought a pair of the smallar ones from spector. Do they have the slightly larger ones?

Also...I know someone that is interested in using these buckets I have as a template for making a new mold and reproducing them. Is there enough guys out there interested in the rear cups for the 64-68 size? Another question....i am assuming that there were cups for the smaller/earlier ones too? Does anyone have some?

81550-60011 Toyota

There is interest in buckets but I don't know exactly how many. my guess it would depend on $. there were no buckets for the fj25 style.

Here are a couple of pictures showing some variations on these early tail light brackets. the frist one shows one with smaller and one with larger hole for light assebly. The smallar one is the same bracket that you can buy the smallar lights from Spector for. Does anyone have any information about the larger one? I have never seen or heard of this size before. Very similar....but different. The second picture shows the larger of the two fully assembled ( i have the pair..only this one has the lense).

The 1964 - 68 trim ring 4", 1968-73 5 1/4" the later has a different bracket & bucket than the early FJ40 tail lights

Read away 1964 - 68 tail lights

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/119768-early-tail-light-bracket-help.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom