1960 FJ25 Trayback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is my recent pickup. A 1960 FJ25 Trayback utility. Was believed to have been used on the snowy hydro project. I have the original tray that's in great condition to go on it. All wheels are there for it.

IMG_20180717_090434.jpg

IMG_20180716_115404.jpg

IMG_20180716_125348.jpg

IMG_20180716_090500.jpg

IMG_20180716_095412.jpg

Where she sat patiently waiting for me to find her. Not only were the back brakes seized, all the tyres were somewhat deflated/ perished which made loading difficult. Thankfully we had the use of a tractor to load.

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

Pics of the tray please!

Nice save on the old girl. Seems more keep showing up over there. It amazing how many have shown up here for the total number imported. Owners can't seem to haul them off for scrap and show up years later.

Curious what you had to pay in AU dollars for the Vader light? Have a idea on the light switch and pedal pads. The Vader light seems to be the one with out of control pricing. The reproduction look enough different could tell it wasn't original.

The bigger problem with the 3D printed one isn't that you can tell it isn't original, it's that it is only the hood and you still need to source the original base socket.

Really glad my FST still had its original Vader light.

The bigger problem with the 3D printed one isn't that you can tell it isn't original, it's that it is only the hood and you still need to source the original base socket.

Really glad my FST still had its original Vader light.

Think he was working on a base to go with the 3D copy.

I've found Darth Vader lights in junkyards on cruisers that looked like they been there for years. I always thought they were cool and grabbed anyone I seen. Buying a few parts they wouldn't even charge for the little light. How times have changed. Missed the days of roaming junkyards picking thru old Land Cruisers. When the modern age of auto recycling came around where vehicles have large parts pulled then moved to a self pick yard for a few months before being crushed the inventory of wrecked 40s disappeared in a short time.

Think he was working on a base to go with the 3D copy.

I've found Darth Vader lights in junkyards on cruisers that looked like they been there for years. I always thought they were cool and grabbed anyone I seen. Buying a few parts they wouldn't even charge for the little light. How times have changed. Missed the days of roaming junkyards picking thru old Land Cruisers. When the modern age of auto recycling came around where vehicles have large parts pulled then moved to a self pick yard for a few months before being crushed the inventory of wrecked 40s disappeared in a short time.

Every time I think back to those "junkyard" roaming times, it comes to mind when a friend of mine wanted a PTO winch , and the guy at the junkyard came over and took a cutting torch to the frame rails and just gave him the assembly. (he already removed the connection stuff to the winch). I also took a front disk axle from another one and he drove his cutting torch cart over and torched anything holding the axle. What a waste back then.

Just chiming in. I am the one reproducing the vader covers. Currently I do not have a solution for the base. I have tried a few different map light bases but nothing is as skookum enough for my liking. I am not giving up though. Just because there is not an off the shelf solution doesn't mean there isn't a custom solution that will work. It will just take a little more time. I do have a couple original bases that I may part with depending on the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom