1958 fj25 question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
I keep comparing my 1958 fj25 to the museums 1958 and I have a few questions.
According to my 1958 U.S. owners manual a 1958 fj25 should have a dash mounted turn signal flasher switch. Mine does have that. The museum one does not.
The museum 1958 has later style front fender apron emblems. Not the fj25 style emblems. Mine had the early emblem.
One last thing I noticed is my 1958 has the vacuum wiper valve on upper center dash too. The museums does not have that.
The museum fj25 has a different instrument cluster than the 1958 does. Also, the brake and transfer case shifter locations do not match what the 1958 should look like according to the parts and owners manual.

My serial number is 5501L which is earlier than theirs. I would have thought since only a handful of 1958's were built that they should all match the owners manual like mine.

Below is picture from owners manual of the dash in a 1958.
Second photo is of a museums 1958 dash.
Last 2 photos are of my 1958 flasher switch removed from my fj25. I thought you would like to see it.

Screenshot_20181017-113235_WhatsApp.jpg

5901-i1.jpg

20181017_110130.jpg

20181017_110137.jpg

Gabe, you are seeing this difference because of incremental model updates Toyota carried out in between the year. So while both of you have 58, yours is earlier and will have more similarities with late 57. Similarly I have an early 59 that is more similar in characteristics with late 58. BTW That switch looks to be in pristine condition for the age.

Gabe, you are seeing this difference because of incremental model updates Toyota carried out in between the year. So while both of you have 58, yours is earlier and will have more similarities with late 57. Similarly I have an early 59 that is more similar in characteristics with late 58. BTW That switch looks to be in pristine condition for the age.
It is not pristine, however it is in very good condition considering its age. Luckily I have it. I am sure that is impossible to find.

Now
It is not pristine, however it is in very good condition considering its age. Luckily I have it. I am sure that is impossible to find.
Now that you have that switch look for 2 holes on both side near kick out window and if you have them then you will need “Apollo Semaphores” to mount there and to connect with that switch.

Now

Now that you have that switch look for 2 holes on both side near kick out window and if you have them then you will need “Apollo Semaphores” to mount there and to connect with that switch.
No holes on mine. My turn signals are wired to the front bib marker lights and tail lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom