13B-T Engine rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Cruisers

I'm Jonas from Switzerland and i have a BJ45 Camper with a 13BT Engine. I'm new here in the Forum. I'm sorry for my english;)
I'm looking for some parts for my Engine, Pistons, Rings, Bearrings...
The ome parts are very expensive. Do you know some cheaper brands? Where do you buy parts? I read something about the terrain Tamer Kits but i can't find anything. Please help.

Best regards

Jonas

I'm currently rebuilding may 13BT. The main rebuild kit I got was from Engine Australia like @beno said.

pistons
sleeves/liners
bearings (con-rod, crank, cam)
seals/gasket kit

Order an OEM headgasket, MLS type. 11115-58110 The one in engine australia kit is NOT MLS.

All accounts online seem to say good things about their rebuild kits/parts etc.
I would wait to order some parts until you know exactly what you need. I had main bearings but after going to the machine shop, I had to reorder .25 undersize main bearings and that cost $50 to ship here. The main bearings appear to have ACL bearing company markings on them.
parts1.jpg

Sleeves

sleeves.jpg

Pistons

pistons.jpg

There are some freeze plugs you can't get OEM anymore.

90331-56001 It's the cam plug on the block is no longer available. Best bet is to measure and find something. Thats what we are doing, or the machine shop it going to make one.

96411-41400 Waterjacket or oil hole is how it's listed on the block, no longer available

Here's a overview picture of the gasket kit from them:

Hi guys
Thank you for the answers. I will contact engine australia. @lazyfarm do you change the Liners and use std size pistons? why you dont use oversize pistons?

Hi guys
Thank you for the answers. I will contact engine australia. @lazyfarm do you change the Liners and use std size pistons? why you dont use oversize pistons?

Yes, I changed the liners. With liners you keep the original bore and don't need to use oversized pistons. The 13BT comes with liners from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom