12Volt Solutions remote start issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

redeye

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
I installed a 12Volt Solutions remote starter with the iPhone app add-on a few weeks ago on my 2021 HE LC. Worked fine on both the key fob and my app. Doors lock, unlock, start, the works.

Some background for full disclosure. Got the truck back from the dealer the other day. They were troubleshooting an issue where my hatch wouldn't unlock/open, mirrors wouldn't fold sometimes, and steering wheel wouldn't tilt up and away upon vehicle shut off. They ended up finding a problem with "connector e135, pin #12" - a harness connector had a bad pin on one of the wires. Supposedly it was somewhere under the dash. I don't know where.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to remote start the truck for the wife - lights flashed, engine cranked for a half second or so, but then it immediately dies. The rest of the features are fine - door lock/unlock and GPS locator. This occurs using either the physical key fob or the app. The truck starts normally w/o use of the remote starter. The 12Volt components sit in between the push button start and the remainder of the OEM electrics. It appears limited to the remote start function only. If the dealer unplugged something or a connection was loose I would imagine other functions wouldn't work. And I'm certain the dealer would've brought it to my attention that I had an aftermarket remote starter (they worked on the aforementioned issue FOUR times before resolving - let's hope it's fully resolved).

I've emailed 12Volt this morning. It'll be a few days before they get back to me due to holiday weekend I'm sure. But wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else has experienced this problem.

Hi all,
I installed a 12Volt Solutions remote starter with the iPhone app add-on a few weeks ago on my 2021 HE LC. Worked fine on both the key fob and my app. Doors lock, unlock, start, the works.

Some background for full disclosure. Got the truck back from the dealer the other day. They were troubleshooting an issue where my hatch wouldn't unlock/open, mirrors wouldn't fold sometimes, and steering wheel wouldn't tilt up and away upon vehicle shut off. They ended up finding a problem with "connector e135, pin #12" - a harness connector had a bad pin on one of the wires. Supposedly it was somewhere under the dash. I don't know where.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to remote start the truck for the wife - lights flashed, engine cranked for a half second or so, but then it immediately dies. The rest of the features are fine - door lock/unlock and GPS locator. This occurs using either the physical key fob or the app. The truck starts normally w/o use of the remote starter. The 12Volt components sit in between the push button start and the remainder of the OEM electrics. It appears limited to the remote start function only. If the dealer unplugged something or a connection was loose I would imagine other functions wouldn't work. And I'm certain the dealer would've brought it to my attention that I had an aftermarket remote starter (they worked on the aforementioned issue FOUR times before resolving - let's hope it's fully resolved).

I've emailed 12Volt this morning. It'll be a few days before they get back to me due to holiday weekend I'm sure. But wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else has experienced this problem.
Getting ready to install on my 2008. Did one on my F150 and it took about 5 min. This appears to be a lot more involved. Good luck.

@redeye did you ever get it sorted out with 12v?

Yep. Their support is very good. The guy walked me through a couple things over the phone and it was fixed in ~10 minutes. Though I forget exact what we did to fix it it did involve popping the dash panels out and holding/releasing the button on the side of the unit while we did various things like starting/stopping/starting the engine.

Yep. Their support is very good. The guy walked me through a couple things over the phone and it was fixed in ~10 minutes. Though I forget exact what we did to fix it it did involve popping the dash panels out and holding/releasing the button on the side of the unit while we did various things like starting/stopping/starting the engine.
Good to know. I just got one of their units and will be tackling this project soon. Any advice not covered by their install instructions you found helpful?

Good to know. I just got one of their units and will be tackling this project soon. Any advice not covered by their install instructions you found helpful?

Not that I found. The instructions are pretty clear. My problem arose after the dealer had my truck for a number of days. They were troubleshooting an electrical issue so maybe they unhooked the battery - not sure if the 12Volt problem was as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom