12v outlets no power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the left one on the dash is the cig plug, with it's own fuse. The right one, the one inside the console and the one in the back are on another circuit.

Do they share the same relay though? Seems like theyd have to as the 12v plugs should be pretty simple circuits so if its not the fuse has to be the relay or wiring to/from the relay. Unlikely two relays die at exactly the same time

I guess one relay powers all the outlets and then the are fused separate?

I haven't had a chance to check yet, I will try to today.

I guess one relay powers all the outlets and then the are fused separate?

I haven't had a chance to check yet, I will try to today.
One relay does take care of all 3 (ACC) outlets, it has a single 15A fuse. Fuse and relay are located in the under-de'-hood fusebox. Cig lighter is wired with its own circuit with a 15A fuse.

Steve

One relay does take care of all 3 (ACC) outlets, it has a single 15A fuse. Fuse and relay are located in the under-de'-hood fusebox. Cig lighter is wired with its own circuit with a 15A fuse.

Steve

I'm still watching this thread. My cig lighter fuse is good but still not working... similar to OPs problem.

I noted a 15a fuse for the outlets in the same location (kick panel) - are you saying there is a second fuse location for them (underhood) ?

I checked the skinny fuse box under the hood and the 50A ACC fuse looks blown. I didn't have a chance to pull it, but that seems to be the problem. Hopefully I can run to autozone tomorrow and get a new one to make sure.

I checked the skinny fuse box under the hood and the 50A ACC fuse looks blown. I didn't have a chance to pull it, but that seems to be the problem. Hopefully I can run to autozone tomorrow and get a new one to make sure.

Good for you if that's it. Everything works on my truck - except the cig lighter socket.

I'm still watching this thread. My cig lighter fuse is good but still not working... similar to OPs problem.

I noted a 15a fuse for the outlets in the same location (kick panel) - are you saying there is a second fuse location for them (underhood) ?

Yeah a large fuse box right behind the battery and actually another small on on the ds and down (toward the ground) a little bit, of that large one. So three fuse blocks in all unless theres a fourth one from the factory i dont know about.

let us know if that was the problem, sounds like it is. Arent the 12v plugs rated at 120W each? 120W/12V=10amps each, 50 amp fuse would kind of make sense i guess

Good for you if that's it. Everything works on my truck - except the cig lighter socket.

so this fuse

21. CIGAR 15 A: Cigarette lighter, car audio
system, power antenna

is not blown?

I don't know does the audio work??? I thought if the 50A ACC was blown that'd make sense but I've not looked at an EWD

I don't know does the audio work??? I thought if the 50A ACC was blown that'd make sense but I've not looked at an EWD

I'm confused as well, fuse 21 says it powers the antenna as well, so how does the antenna work but not the socket? I will have an answer this evening whether the 50A ACC fuse solves all my problems.

Power outlet feed starts at the battery to the 50A fuse, then to the relay. There's a 15A fuse on the output side of the relay protecting all 3 outlets.

Steve

Does that 50A fuse go to the Cigar lighter as well?

SOLVED for me at any rate - not a fuse but...

Someone unpluged the socket????

IMG_2165.jpg
IMG_2165.jpg

Last edited:
I checked the fuse and it looked fine. I still replace it and nothing changed. So now I'm really confused. The ACC fuse was different than the other two so it had been changed before. There was also an extra relay in the glovebox so that had been replaced as well... I'm at a loss now.

so this issue continues to befuddle me. none, NONE, of my plugs work. not the cig lighter, the front console, inside the center console, or the cargo area plug. I got a voltmeter and did some testing... results as follow. The car was running during these measurements.

I started under the hood in the fuse boxes...
IMG_0283.jpg

I tested the voltage in the ACC relay, there were 12v across the closer two plugs, no voltage across the more separated plugs. The relay itself had no resistance between the closer prongs, and full resistance between the more separated prongs.

The 50A ACC fuse is also good, but there was no voltage across the prongs...
IMG_0284.jpg

I then moved to the left kick panel fuse box. Fuse 21 for the cigar lighter and radio was good and there was 12v across it. Fuse 39 was good also, but there was no voltage across it. I had a charger plugged in to make sure it would draw current if possible.
IMG_0285.jpg

Am I missing something? What is supposed to go in the plug I have circled in the last pic? Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks in advance

that last pic above is correct (ish) for the cig lighter sockets...Edit: not sure about that pic, but checkout yours and see.
I am right hand drive (Australia), and when my mates (friends) plugged their inverters into my cig socket it blew a fuse. They plugged it into the rear one too, blew a fuse.
The Toyota sticker says it supports 150W. Well they plugged in a 150W inverter.

anyway.

the fuses. For me, right hand drive, it's in the LH side of the LC. So your driver side if they keep the wiring the same.

It's above the kick panel. Remove it. Not that hard, start at the bottom of it.
We DID check under the bonnet/hood, but it was none of those.
You'll see a white-ish panel...you need a torch and get on your back and look up....it's there...open that panel.

You'll need pointy nose pliers/plyers. (speeeeling)
Or good fingernails.
It took me 30 minutes....coz i tried to do it with a screwdriver....meh.
Once i found my pliers, 3 minutes, sore neck and thats about it.
peter

Last edited:
I don't think I have that extra fuse panel you are referring to.

I have power in my cig lighter now!! It was unplugged like DallasCrzr's. So now we know it is isolated to the other circuit, and fuse 39. The PO's had some ghetto wiring coming out of the fuse block from 39, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. It's looking like I'm going to have to take it somewhere to have the guts of the fuse block checked out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom