SOLD 12HT - Complete Drivetrain w/ low miles For Sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1BDA5560

GOLD Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
For Sale:

1989 - 12HT - 4.0L Direct Injected Toyota Turbo Diesel Engine. The Drivetrain was imported from Japan with Auto Transmission / Tcase by a reputable local Importer, and verified w/153,000kms. (HillTop)

The drivetrain came out of a 1989 HJ61 with the intent of going into a LHD USDM 60 series conversion. Plans have changed, and I no longer require the engine.

Set Includes:
- Engine
- Alternator
- Starter
- Air Conditioning
- Compression Figures - (to be supplied to buyer)
- Engine Mounts
————————————————————-
Price: $9000 USD - (buyer to pay and arrange own shipping - I will support this initiative as best as I can to ensure the gear reaches the final destination worry free).

Optional Extras / Parts Available:

- Automatic Transmission - Bell-housing, Torque Converter - Transfer Case - $1200 - This gearbox came with the engine.
- Rebuilt Turbo - (CT-26) with 270 Thrust, and fresh dynamic balance.
- New Valve Cover Gasket - Terrain Tamer
- New Oil Pan Gasket - Terrain Tamer
- New B.E.B - Japanese
- New Drive Belts - Terrain Tamer
- New Heater Hose Kit - Terrain Tamer
- New Upper & Lower Rad Hose Kit - Terrain Tamer
- New OEM Head gasket - Toyota
- New OEM Front Main Seal
- New OEM Rear Main Seal
- New OEM Oil Filter
- New Fuel Filter - Japanese
- Recently Powder coated the crossover pipes
- Recently polished the Valve Cover to give this engine a little glam whilst staying true to the Toyota heritage.
——————————————————————
Please Note: I would prefer to sell these items with the engine, and not separately. The buyer would have first right of refusal.

In addition: I am willing to install the above mentioned parts for the buyer at an additional cost / TBD

Great engine / drivetrain upgrade for those 60 lovers who want the best engine made by Toyota for that series truck. Increasingly harder to find low km specimens both locally or abroad, and I hope this gear goes to another LC addict who will appreciate it. The 12HT will also fit the 70 & 40 Series Trucks as well - (custom work is required, but they fit).

Happy Crusin!

97D31E30-173F-488A-9AAC-7B5A14328B3D.jpeg

C7EB7599-E39A-4410-9E98-449A5C18FC96.jpeg

877E2826-29D8-484D-B4E9-587321C35250.jpeg

D62593C3-A20F-40D9-AF77-F9B418FAB660.jpeg

67356E78-408B-43E0-8095-83976D9BE661.jpeg

Im interested in the transmission if this is split up
No Sweat!

I will put you down for the gearbox if the set doesn’t sell as a complete kit. Thanks for your interest.

For Sale:

1989 - 12HT - 4.0L Direct Injected Toyota Turbo Diesel Engine. The Drivetrain was imported from Japan with Auto Transmission / Tcase by a reputable local Importer, and verified w/153,000kms. (HillTop)

The drivetrain came out of a 1989 HJ61 with the intent of going into a LHD USDM 60 series conversion. Plans have changed, and I no longer require the engine.

Set Includes:
- Engine
- Alternator
- Starter
- Air Conditioning
- Compression Figures - (to be supplied to buyer)
- Engine Mounts
————————————————————-
Price: $9000 USD - (buyer to pay and arrange own shipping - I will support this initiative as best as I can to ensure the gear reaches the final destination worry free).

Optional Extras / Parts Available:

- Automatic Transmission - Bell-housing, Torque Converter - Transfer Case - $1200 - This gearbox came with the engine.
- Rebuilt Turbo - (CT-26) with 270 Thrust, and fresh dynamic balance.
- New Valve Cover Gasket - Terrain Tamer
- New Oil Pan Gasket - Terrain Tamer
- New B.E.B - Japanese
- New Drive Belts - Terrain Tamer
- New Heater Hose Kit - Terrain Tamer
- New Upper & Lower Rad Hose Kit - Terrain Tamer
- New OEM Head gasket - Toyota
- New OEM Front Main Seal
- New OEM Rear Main Seal
- New OEM Oil Filter
- New Fuel Filter - Japanese
- Recently Powder coated the crossover pipes
- Recently polished the Valve Cover to give this engine a little glam whilst staying true to the Toyota heritage.
——————————————————————
Please Note: I would prefer to sell these items with the engine, and not separately. The buyer would have first right of refusal.

In addition: I am willing to install the above mentioned parts for the buyer at an additional cost / TBD

Great engine / drivetrain upgrade for those 60 lovers who want the best engine made by Toyota for that series truck. Increasingly harder to find low km specimens both locally or abroad, and I hope this gear goes to another LC addict who will appreciate it. The 12HT will also fit the 70 & 40 Series Trucks as well - (custom work is required, but they fit).

Happy Crusin!

View attachment 3354396

View attachment 3354397

View attachment 3354398

View attachment 3354400

View attachment 3354401

I'd love to see this 12ht Terrain Tamer oil pan gasket.

Is this sold? Interested in the whole enchilada.

Still available - First come, first served!

455CF3E5-E0CC-4BB5-A499-10F262A8D1D6.jpeg

I have seen that gasket on engines from au. Its above the crank splash plate. Maybe it was in the engines au gasket kit as well. Been a while since I’ve bought one though

I have seen that gasket on engines from au. Its above the crank splash plate. Maybe it was in the engines au gasket kit as well. Been a while since I’ve bought one though
I can tell you that Toyota does not sell that gasket and it doesn't come in their overhaul sets. I have purchased many of them.

Is this sold? Interested in the whole enchilada.
Umsizi,

The complete drivetrain - (Engine, Transmission, New Turbo w/Ceramic coated Exhaust housing, and 12HT replacement parts) is still available. The previous buyer has wasted my time, and I am moving forward. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Howdy,

Sounds like a really cool (HJ47) project. The 2H engine is a good engine, and has it’s place, but not enough jam for today’s standards - So I like the direction you’re heading with a 12HT transplant. 👌

I have been at these trucks for 20+ years and the 12HT is one of my favourite direct injected Toyota Turbo Diesels.

As it stands, The engine / trans / and all the new spare parts are available. I have had a few interested parties, but no firm commitments this far. First come first served.

If you’re after a low mile 12HT - this is probably the only one on the Western Seaboard in this condition.

Drop me a line if you want to chat further.

Jharris1@telus.net

Cheers!

Jacob. (LC Addict)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom