120 series Photos! (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Exploring my favorite place in the world, the San Juan Mountains.

LEXUS COLORADO.jpg

LEXUS7.jpg

1692925122863.png

~40° lean. Always make sure to turn the rollover side curtain airbags off lol.

~40° lean. Always make sure to turn the rollover side curtain airbags off lol.
How is that Lenzdesign snorkel working out? Sure looks good but I hear they have QA/QC issues. I'm not above massaging it with some Bondo and sanding to get it perfect. I know the ARB/Ironmans are good, but we have tons of low branches and vines around here for them to snag on, and I really like the integrated look of the Lenz.

How is that Lenzdesign snorkel working out? Sure looks good but I hear they have QA/QC issues. I'm not above massaging it with some Bondo and sanding to get it perfect. I know the ARB/Ironmans are good, but we have tons of low branches and vines around here for them to snag on, and I really like the integrated look of the Lenz.
So far so good for mine. It arrived after a few weeks, fit the body lines, template was accurate, and it does the job. I wouldn't say my experience is typical though with all of the other overwhelming negative feedback recently. Buy at your own risk. I wish the TJM low profile Airtec snorkel (or knockoff at least) was available for the 120.

So far so good for mine. It arrived after a few weeks, fit the body lines, template was accurate, and it does the job. I wouldn't say my experience is typical though with all of the other overwhelming negative feedback recently. Buy at your own risk. I wish the TJM low profile Airtec snorkel (or knockoff at least) was available for the 120.
I emailed TJM and they do have one for a 120 Prado - but with the 3.0 diesel only, which seems to have a different air intake setup and probably flow volume than a 2UZ. I'll just buy the Lenz at risk and fix it if needed.

They definitely are not perfect out of the box, but pretty ‘decent’. I really just installed mine in anticipation of installing a TRD supercharger because the guys at a local offroad and performance shop told me that they had noticed IAT’s about 15° cooler in the GX’s and 4runners with snorkels. I wanted a snorkel for that purpose, but low-key, low profile, and without anything that sticks out and can get caught or snagged on limbs on tight trails. Installing the Lenz is probably best for people who are comfortable with modding their vehicles and with prior fabrication experience.

9485F6E7-F344-4B6E-B1E2-1E74A4264F9E.jpeg

463CC658-BC5A-42FD-A0E9-B5462017A6E4.jpeg

C5BE9D4C-11F3-4967-B99F-CC8FB37D0696.jpeg

581D0713-0872-42B2-AA3C-EADCC984ACBF.jpeg

Last edited:
They definitely are not perfect out of the box, but pretty ‘decent’. I really just installed mine in anticipation of installing a TRD supercharger because the guys at a local offroad and performance shop told me that they had noticed IAT’s about 15° cooler in the GX’s and 4runners with snorkels. I wanted a snorkel for that purpose, but low-key, low profile, and without anything that sticks out and can get caught or snagged on limbs on tight trails. Installing the Lenz is probably best for people who are comfortable with modding their vehicles and with prior fabrication experience.
Thanks and yours looks great in body color. My FIL has done auto body as a side gig for years and is good with fiberglass/bondo/painting/etc - knowing that the "bones" are OK and we can adjust with some body work, I'm confident we can get it good-looking. I can DIY mechanical well, but bodywork is a bit outside of my personal skill zone, so I might not attempt this unless I had a family member who knows bodywork.

Thanks and yours looks great in body color. My FIL has done auto body as a side gig for years and is good with fiberglass/bondo/painting/etc - knowing that the "bones" are OK and we can adjust with some body work, I'm confident we can get it good-looking. I can DIY mechanical well, but bodywork is a bit outside of my personal skill zone, so I might not attempt this unless I had a family member who knows bodywork.
I don’t mean to say that someone needs to be a pro, just not a complete novice and not be afraid of cutting and drilling on their vehicle. I’m just a shade-tree mechanic. To “color match” I laid down a base coat and then took the intake cutout from the fender to my local NAPA and picked out a can of Dupli-Color that looked like the best match.

Also, these come as bare fiberglass. The outside is mostly sanded, but I went ahead and put a finer grain to it. I would recommend coating the inside with something protective. Although it won’t be exposed to sunlight, it will still be exposed to the elements. In my experience, raw fiberglass degrades with exposure to the elements.

Last edited:
Toyota Trails magazine is in search of GX content! As we grow, evolve, and embrace the future, Toyota Trails magazine and TLCA are receiving more and more GX/T4R content and readers, and we're looking to expand on that as much as possible. Articles/stories are paid directly from TLCA and rates are comparable to any newsstand publication. Photos used in the four prominent positions (cover, toc, tv spread, trails end) are also paid.

Interested? Email editor@tlca.org

*Photo of Stan the Dog ( and some rando driver):rofl: for the thread

810_1437

Toyota Trails magazine is in search of GX content! As we grow, evolve, and embrace the future, Toyota Trails magazine and TLCA are receiving more and more GX/T4R content and readers, and we're looking to expand on that as much as possible. Articles/stories are paid directly from TLCA and rates are comparable to any newsstand publication. Photos used in the four prominent positions (cover, toc, tv spread, trails end) are also paid.

Interested? Email editor@tlca.org

*Photo of Stan the Dog ( and some rando driver):rofl: for the thread

810_1437

Email sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom