120 series Photos! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ SIMKGX, do you have any other pics of your upright tire mounting?? ...Looks good.
My tire has been stored horizontal in the back of my rig and I was going to make a raised 'floor' on top of it.
But initially I wanted to do the upright mounting as you have. Curious if (and how) you have it bolted to stay upright or it is just pinched against the wall.
More room should be achieved your way, and I refuse to hang stuff off the back - been there done that.
Thanks!

uprighttiremount.jpg
IMG_0432.JPG

Last edited:
I had to double take that the above pictures were not of the same GX on different sides of the country :). Nice looking storm trooper rigs!

@ SIMKGX, do you have any other pics of your upright tire mounting?? ...Looks good.
My tire has been stored horizontal in the back of my rig and I was going to make a raised 'floor' on top of it.
But initially I wanted to do the upright mounting as you have. Curious if (and how) you have it bolted to stay upright or it is just pinched against the wall.
More room should be achieved your way, and I refuse to hang stuff off the back - been there done that.
Thanks!

View attachment 3170896

I have the Cross Industries Offroad 3rd Row tire carrier. I spent about two years with my spare strapped to the top of my drawers (different than in the pic) and hated the loss of functional space. I'm a much bigger fan of this solution for now. I'll try to get another picture a bit later.

I have the Cross Industries Offroad 3rd Row tire carrier. I spent about two years with my spare strapped to the top of my drawers (different than in the pic) and hated the loss of functional space. I'm a much bigger fan of this solution for now. I'll try to get another picture a bit later.

Thanks SIMK. I have shopped & searched and I ended up ordering the Cross Industries one also. I have full height molle gear walls which mount to the 3rd row seat latching, which I hope to integrate into the Cross tire mount. Should be doable.
The Cross Industries looks to be a nice simple solution. The leverage of a 100lb tire on a rear mount is not an option for me. Every vehicle I have ever owned gave me issues with an external tire mount. Rattles, fatigue and corrosive weathering.
...Plenty of room for my 34" tire upright within. ...And... The travel light mentality!

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:
Went out yonder today on a nice little local loop. And ready to do the 500 mile diff oil change.
I tell you, doing a gear change to the 4.56 gears is the bomb. No more laboring through the gears.
I did not do the whole loop as I was short on time, but it has multiple water crossings - very fun & not deep. Makes for a scenic desert trail...

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

Went out yonder today on a nice little local loop. And ready to do the 500 mile diff oil change.
I tell you, doing a gear change to the 4.56 gears is the bomb. No more laboring through the gears.
I did not do the whole loop as I was short on time, but it has multiple water crossings - very fun & not deep. Makes for a scenic desert trail...
Looks great! Can't wait to do the 4.56 upgrade myself!

Quick off road trip with an old TJ today.
20221125_144636.jpg

Sunday afternoon hike into the clouds.
20221211_132741.jpg

20221211_120906.jpg

'
Drove it to the northernmost end of South Padre Island last week.
D2BC2A29-D529-43DB-B497-6FC7F032FD19.jpeg
D13A6150-FFEC-4C9F-8A4C-B0E308AE088F.jpeg
6C20A95E-F8BF-4103-82B0-93FE85CA2AA9.jpeg

Hey Guys,

Back in the GX fold again 👍 Third times a charm, previous 2 were non-navs, various reasons got rid of them.
Picked this guy up couple days ago for a great price, decent shape 2003 Nav.
Gotta do some maint. Timing belt, etc... Then decide which way going, mall crawler look or something else. Glad to have another GX!
325063639_5502148683217100_1782208741598354301_n.jpg

I was at King Of The Hammers last weekend. A rip roaring dusty good time. Crazy racing if you follow Ultra 4.
Didn't run into any GX470's... but there was a lot of people out there.
Saw Sublime at Hammertown. Cool stuff.
I climbed all I tried and banged out some sand washes. My suspension worked good.
Thanks Total Chaos, King and Kaizen.

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

Raul Gomez the winner of KOH.
IMG_2589.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom