100 vs 105 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm aware of 100's (ifs front) vs 105's (solid axle front like an 80) but what other differences are there? Curious as used 100/105's are really expensive here in Oz just like 80's but they're a newer vehicle.

Frame, Engine, transmission, axles, brakes (assuming the 100 is a UZJ100).

^^ + trim and a couple of market destination options such as type of material for the seats (leather, vinyl) as the different seating version, carpet material, rear doors, spare tire location ...

The list is as long as most other LC models.

0BB48EC0-4622-4A26-95EE-6A7498E5603B.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm aware of 100's (ifs front) vs 105's (solid axle front like an 80) but what other differences are there? Curious as used 100/105's are really expensive here in Oz just like 80's but they're a newer vehicle.
The link below gives the Australian story on "100 series" 1998-2007 including LC100 and LC105 and discusses changes by model and year, different engines etc. Scroll all the way to the end to find some Toyota Australia "Pressroom" links, work through those to see some further information, specifications etc.

At the same site, enter "Lexus" and "LX470" to see the variations on that model over the same timeline.

And yes -- demand and prices are very strong, especially for anything with low kilometres and in good condition -- same as in USA and elsewhere.

Prices for models with V8 engine 2UZ-FE maybe a bit softer due to heavier fuel consumption than turbodiesel alternatives -- although 2UZ-FE is an excellent long-lasting engine. Turbodiesel 1HD-FTE remains top of the pops.

I bought one of the last LC200's in October 2020 -- and if I wanted, looks like it would sell now for AUD20,00-25.000 more than the new price I paid. Maybe prices will soften if and when LC300 numbers increase.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom