100 series purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you go with the 285/65? Either way, looks really nice.
I went 305/65/18. I think it’s the perfect size for a 100 with factory wheels. They fit almost flush with no rub at all.

I went 305/65/18. I think it’s the perfect size for a 100 with factory wheels. They fit almost flush with no rub at all.

Steamrollers! :beer:

Steamrollers! :beer:
They actually are really well perportioned at 33.5x12.2. I dont know why more people dont talk about them. I think they are a much better choice then running spacers and 285s or 275s to get a flush look and stance:meh:

I did not. What was it going for? I have only been searching on craigslist and facebook messenger. Going to start watching MUD as well. There are two LX's in Anderson at Times Past Automotive. They look overpriced to me, but nice.
I bought my 05 from Times Past a few months ago. Father/son operation that sells a lot of these. They went out of their way to fix a few issues I pointed out after my first visit and test drive. Seemed about as above board as you could hope for. I paid top dollar but if I hadn't committed to the truck immediately, it would have been gone.

2006 LX

So I found this today, but can't seem to pull anything up using the vin on lexus owners. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but looks like this would fit the bill given a good service history.

Last edited:
I thought the only white in 06-07 was Crystal White? (Not Blizzard Pearl)

From the pictures it looks like sand dollar, a beige color.

Looks really nice - minus the running boards and gold badges. But a socket set and a can of Plastidip will take care of that!

It's sand dollar pearl. That color with gold emblem package and chrome wheels screams mall cruiser which might be a good thing if you like the color! I like the Galactic Gray '04 you posted.

Any advice on how to pull the service records? I went to lexus owners and typed in the VIN, but it told me its not valid.

It's sand dollar pearl. That color with gold emblem package and chrome wheels screams mall cruiser which might be a good thing if you like the color! I like the Galactic Gray '04 you posted.
I am ok with the color, but not crazy. I like the Galactic Gray also, but I think I am more interested in the VVTI motors. Also, the price on this '06 is about $5k less.

I am ok with the color, but not crazy. I like the Galactic Gray also, but I think I am more interested in the VVTI motors. Also, the price on this '06 is about $5k less.

If that "Internet Price" of $13K is real, that is a very good price for an '06. I recently drove an '06 with 41K miles on it and didn't notice much of a difference between my '03 without vvti in the power department. There is a known secondary air pump issue in the vvti models, which is an expensive dealer replacement (don't know what % were affected). Also, get a PPI and have the tech take a good look at the steering rack. This is a $2200 job from a Toyota dealer.

Dealer emailed me the experian auto check. Looks like it's a Texas vehicle, but I still can't find any actual service records. I must be doing something wrong on Lexus owners.

If it was never serviced at Lexus, there would be no records.

Dealer emailed me the experian auto check. Looks like it's a Texas vehicle, but I still can't find any actual service records. I must be doing something wrong on Lexus owners.
Is the Lexus site giving you and error like its not a valid VIN or is it just not showing a history? Lexus Owners shows me service done at Lexus and Toyota dealers. If there isn't any record online it may just mean that it's been serviced at an independent shop, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Especially if it was a place like ACC. I had ACC do my last timing belt because i trust them more than I do an actual Lexus or Toyota dealer and I didn't have the time to do it myself before an august road trip to Utah. But if the seller cant produce records I would pass. There are a lot of LXs out there that have perfect verifiable service records.

Is the Lexus site giving you and error like its not a valid VIN or is it just not showing a history? Lexus Owners shows me service done at Lexus and Toyota dealers. If there isn't any record online it may just mean that it's been serviced at an independent shop, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Especially if it was a place like ACC. I had ACC do my last timing belt because i trust them more than I do an actual Lexus or Toyota dealer and I didn't have the time to do it myself before an august road trip to Utah. But if the seller cant produce records I would pass. There are a lot of LXs out there that have perfect verifiable service records.
It's giving me an error saying it's not a valid Vin#. I must be doing something wrong.

If that "Internet Price" of $13K is real, that is a very good price for an '06. I recently drove an '06 with 41K miles on it and didn't notice much of a difference between my '03 without vvti in the power department. There is a known secondary air pump issue in the vvti models, which is an expensive dealer replacement (don't know what % were affected). Also, get a PPI and have the tech take a good look at the steering rack. This is a $2200 job from a Toyota dealer.

Agreed, thats a screaming deal for a southern truck...which gives me pause. Dealers usually charge 2-3k more than a private seller, which makes me think the truck has an issue.

It's giving me an error saying it's not a valid Vin#. I must be doing something wrong.
I copied and pasted the vin from the link you provided and it worked for me. I don't know if i would want something that the PO was having to add coolant too everyday...
161464 MILES
DATE: 04/18/2017

REPAIR# 0866660
REPORTED BY: Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett
SERVICE: DOOR LOCK INOP
DESCRIPTION: DOOR LOCK INOP ~|~POWER DOOR LOCK INOPERATIVE ~|~LEFT FRONT DOOR LOCK INOPERATIVE / FAULTY ~|~AUTHORIZED BY NATIONAL AUTO CARE, #100307501 - PART # 69040-60191 ($336.94), LABOR 1.4 ($174.26) - TAX ($20.22), CUSTOMER DEDUCTIBLE ($100.00) CUSTOMER WILL CALL AND RESCHEDULE FOR REPAIR, PART NOT ORDER
SERVICE: ENGINE OIL
DESCRIPTION: ENGINE OIL ~|~CUSTOMER REQUEST OIL AND FILTER CHANGE, TOP OFF FLUIDS, CHECK TIRE PRESSURES AND PERFORM COMPLIMENTARY WASH AND VAC ~|~PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE ~|~OEM OIL & FILTER CHANGE 4WD 98/07 USA TIRES @ 10(9) & 4/32ND, BRAKES @ 10 MM ALL
SERVICE: EXTRA KEY
DESCRIPTION: EXTRA KEY ~|~CUT EXTRA KEY & PROGRAM - MASTER KEY ~|~REQUESTED ~|~1 MASTER KEY CUT AND PROGRAMED
SERVICE: LX-CSA AIRBAG MODULE
DESCRIPTION: LX-CSA AIRBAG MODULE ~|~CUSTOMER REQUEST THE GLB CURTAIN-SHIELD AIRBAG MODULE SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN. ~|~PERFORM THE LEXUS GLB CURTAIN-SHIELD AIRBAG MODULE SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN. ~|~PERFORMED THE LEXUS GLB CURTAIN-SHIELD AIRBAG MODULE SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN.
SERVICE: MULTI POINT INSPECT
DESCRIPTION: MULTI POINT INSPECT ~|~CUSTOMER REQUEST FREE MULTI-POINT SAFETY INSPECTION ~|~PERFORM FREE MULTI-POINT SAFETY INSPECTION ~|~PERFORMED FREE MULTI-POINT SAFETY INSPECTION
SERVICE: OTHERS
DESCRIPTION: OTHERS ~|~C/S: ACCELERATOR PEDAL SEEMS STICKING / HARD TO PRESS ~|~REQUESTED. ~|~CLEANED T-BODY ASSEMBLY. NO ABNORMAL HARD TO PRESS FROM ACCL PEDAL FOUND.
SERVICE: POWER WINDOW INOP
DESCRIPTION: POWER WINDOW INOP ~|~LEFT REAR POWER WINDOW WONT STAY UP POSITION WHEN USING AUTO SWITCH ~|~JAM PROTECTION INSIDE LEFT REAR WINDOW MOTOR ASSEMBLY. ~|~TRIED TO CLEAR JAM PROTECTION FOR LEFT REAR WINDOW. AUTO FUNCTIONS DO WORK. SEE EST ON LEFT REAR WINDOW MOTOR ASSEMBLY. ------TECH HAS WINDOW ALL THE WAY UP.----- --NATIONAL AUTO CARE DECLINED REPAIR --
SERVICE: RADIATOR-FAN
DESCRIPTION: RADIATOR-FAN ~|~C/S: COOLANT LEVEL LOW - HAVE TO ADDED COOLANTS EVERDAY. ~|~NEED MORE DIAG. NEED TO REPLACE T-STAT AND RECHECK.... OWNER DECLINED FURTHER DIAG/WORK. ~|~TECH FOUND AFTERMARKET RADI. CAP NOT HOLDING PRESSURE. WHILE PRESSURE TESTING SYSTEM, PRESSURE WOULD NOT HOLD. ORDERED/REPLACED RADI. CAP. PRESSURE TESTED COOLANT SYSTEM AGAIN. HELD PRESSURE FOR 1 HOUR. TEST DROVE VEHICLE WITH COOLANT SYSTEM FULL. TECH FO
SERVICE: ROTATE TIRES
DESCRIPTION: ROTATE TIRES ~|~CUSTOMER REQUEST TIRE ROTATION ~|~DUE BY MILEAGE ~|~TIRE ROTATION COMPLETED
SERVICE: TIRE REPAIR
DESCRIPTION: TIRE REPAIR ~|~REPAIR TIRE AS NEEDED - RIGHT REAR TIRE KEEP LOOSING AIR PRESSURE, CHECK & REPAIR AS NEEDED ~|~SCREW IN TREAD. ~|~PATCH/PLUGGED 1 TIRE. APPLIED BEAD SEALER TO CHROME WHEEL.

I realized my error on the site. Doesn't sound like that coolant leak was ever solved. Also, worries me that the vehicle has been ran hot. If coolant was needed daily the odds of it overheating in the past seems pretty high. So even for the fantastic price, you guys think I should keep looking?

I would keep looking, especially if you don't love the color. Other stuff can be fixed but you look at it every day (aside from respray, wrap, etc.) my 2 cents

Not enough info on the coolant issue imo for a guess either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom