100 Series Bolt-On Tire Carrier (2 Viewers)

Interested in a bolt on tire carrier

• Yes

Votes: 88 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Possibly if under 1000.00

Votes: 90 53.9%
  • DIY Kit

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think 98-2002 will have that in the bumper where they will have to cut. Whereas 2003-2007 will need to remove the bolted in trailer hitch attachment but don't have to cut into the stock bumper. Would 03-07 owners loose the factory trailer hitch and have to add one that attaches to the frame rail?

The pattern in the rear is the same for 40 series, 80 where it was made for a pintle attachment.
View attachment 2741308

Technically, the 80 series one would fit right onto the 100 and also the 40 without modification.

The width for the tailgate openings are different. So not a direct swap, will have to be a different design and the pitch to the bumper is different as well.

Would it be for either right or left side?

Or just the right side...

And 10X more stable and safe. I can even add a secondary 2" receiver for bike racks too.

J
Interested especially if an additional 2' receiver is available. I'd love to get the bikes up and the rack out of harms way when descending steeper stuff and I can't truly justify a full bumper for my uses.

Take advantage of the 100 series high offset wheels. I often store 1-2 qts of motor oil, brake fluid or recovery strap inside my spare wheel. Remove hole from lower area and open up the red area.

pxl_20210724_180448761-jpg.2740667
versus
PXL_20210724_180448761.jpg

@hotdiggitydamn I believe you were thinking something along these lines?

Awesome design Jason, I think this would be a huge hit in the 100 Series and 200 Series sectors. Cost and weight savings are a big benefit with this design.
Yes this would fit the bill. I don’t know how I missed this. Thanks!

Interested as well.

I think 98-2002 will have that in the bumper where they will have to cut. Whereas 2003-2007 will need to remove the bolted in trailer hitch attachment but don't have to cut into the stock bumper. Would 03-07 owners loose the factory trailer hitch and have to add one that attaches to the frame rail?

The pattern in the rear is the same for 40 series, 80 where it was made for a pintle attachment.
View attachment 2741308

Technically, the 80 series one would fit right onto the 100 and also the 40 without modification.
+ 1 Would 03-07 owners loose the factory trailer hitch and have to add one that attaches to the frame rail?

View attachment 2741308

+ 1 Would 03-07 owners loose the factory trailer hitch and have to add one that attaches to the frame rail?

I think there’s a bad assumption here, that all 03-07 LC/LX use the “through bumper” hitch.

I think there’s a bad assumption here, that all 03-07 LC/LX use the “through bumper” hitch.
I'd agree with this. My 2003 has the mounting points for the through bumper hitch, but I still have a regular frame hitch.

It was my understanding that the "through bumper" mounting points were for a pintle hitch, not a regular receiver. As most people aren't using a pintle hitch, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'd agree with this. My 2003 has the mounting points for the through bumper hitch, but I still have a regular frame hitch.

It was my understanding that the "through bumper" mounting points were for a pintle hitch, not a regular receiver. As most people aren't using a pintle hitch, this shouldn't be a problem.
I use the through-the-bumper mount with a regular drop hitch.

Thanks, i see what i missed.

So 04-07 have the ability to add a pintle hitch, even though they came with factory frame hitch?

The through-bumper hitch has been there since at least '03, maybe a mid-year change? I've got one on an '03, and the Toyota part is not the pintle hitch.

The through-bumper hitch has been there since at least '03, maybe a mid-year change? I've got one on an '03, and the Toyota part is not the pintle hitch.

That may be partially true, but my 06 LX does not have a hole in the urethane bumper for the “through bumper” hitch. I believe a global “all 03-07 LC/LX have this” is inaccurate.

Last edited:
That may be partially true, but my 06 LX does not have a hole in the urethane bumper for the “through bumper” hitch. I believe a global “all 03-06 LC/LX have this” is inaccurate.

Yep, we agree. Some since 2003 have it, many do not.

My ‘03 (with thru bumper hitch) is a January build date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom