100 series ABS alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know the ABS warning has been discusses - my alarm keeps going off yet no codes are thrown, brakes work fine, systems check out OK, and this has been going on for about 6 weeks. If I disconnect the ABS computer and leave it overnight it resets and no alarm for a few days then progressively gets to the point where it is constant - I suspect a computer failure.
Question, as I suspect it is a computer glitch is there a way to at least disable/disconnect the audible alarm as I am quite content to keep driving.

Checked that thanks - now isolated to either one of the wheel sensors or the deceleration mete - and have now pulled the wiring harness plug from the ABS module - I don't now have ABS - that's OK I can brake better without it as I was once a race driver - the ABS and Brake warning lights still show but no more annoying buzzer

Does the booster motor run more than 30 seconds? If it is too long, say 40 seonds, you might need the accumulator. When accumulator is loosing the N2 pressure, the ABS might come on and the booster motor runs more than 30 seconds. If you continue to rdrive with these symptomps, you'll have to replace the booster motor as well.

Update - yesterday and this morning the ABS and Brake lights on pretty well all the time - alarm sounding then just shuts off, sometimes in reverse - this morning took it to the auto shop for a code read and before he plugged in the alarm ceased but ABS light still on - AND, no codes at all -
realy thinking an ABS computer issue - it's probably the cheapest replacement option so running with that with fingers crossed

update - tried a new / 2nd hand ABS computer - grrr - alarm still going - I just don't want to pay $thousands to find it is a minor plug/electrical issue and until it starts throwing codes then it is a blind search

When the booster fails to build pressure it will also beep. Check if the booster is running longer than 30 secs like Nissanh said

booster is fine - max 20 second run, it appears to be an electrical issue - I just really want to know where the alarm speaker is so I can disconnect it

First off, you're using techstream or similar to read codes right? A regular OBDII reader isn't going to give you the ABS codes. Nothing is going to show up.
Also, personally I'd never screw around with driving a beeping ABS unit unless I'm completely ready to ram whatever is in front of me at highway speed. I'd ust get a rebuilt abs/master/accumulator and be done with it, even its pre-emptive. I should've did that, waited until it started beeping, then had to drive home with no brakes until I got the rebuilt unit.
These things can beep and beep and give you plenty of warning. If you ignore that, that's on you man. It ain't like a booster going out on a little car. When it goes, there ain't no leg strength that's gonna stop you.

booster is fine - max 20 second run, it appears to be an electrical issue - I just really want to know where the alarm speaker is so I can disconnect it
Were you ever able to figure out the issue? Mine was beeping on and off so I replaced the Brake Booster/Accumulator assembly with a new one and it's still doing it. I have found that if I kick the side of the Brake Pedal when its beeping it stops but then will come back shortly after usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom