100 series 4speed help 3rd tc lockup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
guys looking for info about the a442f 4speed auto from a 2001 100 series with 1hdfte engine, I have a few faults looking to solve
can anyone steer me in the right direction about how the power button effects the shift pattern, mine illuminates on the dash cluster but doesnt effect shifting
also should the tc lockup in 3rd gear with OD off normally at what speed should it engage Im fairly sure mine does not engage
has anyone fitted a manual lockup switch to apply the tc on a 100 series with a fte engine please comments about fuel economy and towing much appreciated,
cheers

The power button will not be a noticeable change in shifting unless you're driving it hard, at least thats how mine is.
It's not going to make it into a shorts car. But my transmission holds gears a little longer before upshifting and it does not hunt for gears when driving in hilly terrain or in heavy traffic.

thanks spike, i thought the power button would hold the rpm higher before shifting specially in 4wd offroading that would be nice,

If you need higher rpm while off roading you are going to have to manually shift the transmission.
I usually drop it in 2nd gear and leave it there while off roading. That gives me engine braking, and quick power response. When off roading you're not driving fast anyway. But that is just my preference.

I don't think lockup occurs when overdrive if disengaged.

IMG_2712.jpg

My 2000 HDJ100 did LU in 3rd when OD was switched off. Never noticed any effect of pushing the ECT-Power button.

PS: The 5-sp (A750F) locks in 4th & 5th when in Drive, but it locks easier in 4th when set to 4th.

PS2: Any and all LU happens only at a speed of more than 60 km/h, and only after reaching operating temperature, on both of these boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom