1+ ton FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweeeet! Very nicely done. Can't wait to hear how that setup works on the trail!

so your not using the pumkin sprin mounts??? but 2 new welded spring mounts cool

actually, I should have said perch. the pumpkin was milled a little and a new top plate made for the pass. side. spring mounting.

'ppreciate the compliments. :beer:

What have I missed? What are you running for an engine?

If you're going south for the winter you might think of putting a diesel in her.

Nice rig for sure.

Seems to me you could have saved big bucks by just changing out the R&P's and adding disks to the stock axles.

I have a rear full floater with disks (factory toyota) in my HJ60.

TB

:cheers:

Yeah, I reeeeeeeeeally want a diesel. Once the 3FE tires some more, I'll look into a 1HZ/HD. Still need to do some research to work out the details of the conversion.

Seems to me you could have saved big bucks by just changing out the R&P's and adding disks to the stock axles.

Perhaps.. I really wanted to build an extreme expedition cruiser. Plus, the stock axles had 4.88/arb/hysteer that I sold on pirate4x4.com for half the price of the new setup!! I considered a disc brake toyota FF and some wheel spacers to increase stability, etc. I went dana axles cause I really wanted more strength and better braking and 4.5" of extra width. The heavier gear also lowers the c.o.g. The dana axles weigh almost TWICE that of the stock pair (1200lb vs. 600lb).

Its like driving a completely different rig

looks great!

good job

Sweet 62! Did you get all new hard lines for the brakes or just adapt the toyota lines to that master? I ask cause I have a GM60 and 14 bolt with disc in my 87 FJ60 and my brakes suck! I mated a K30 master to the toyota booster and adapted the toyota lines and the brakes are still soft :mad:making me mad!

I gotta say, I never did have any love for the 60-62's but this pic is making me think otherwise! Very nice setup! :cheers:
Keep the pics coming and maybe I will be swayed to make the addition to the family sooner then later!

[quote author=Goebeler link=board=12;threadid=7257;start=msg69933#msg69933 date=1070331249]
I gotta say, I never did have any love for the 60-62's but this pic is making me think otherwise! Very nice setup! :cheers:
Keep the pics coming and maybe I will be swayed to make the addition to the family sooner then later!
[/quote]

Are you kidding me? not a fan of 60s and 62s. What are you some kinda commie or somthing :flipoff2: We are all entitled to our opinions but that does not meen I gotta like it.

[quote author=USFSIHC link=board=12;threadid=7257;start=msg70052#msg70052 date=1070350391]
Are you kidding me? not a fan of 60s and 62s. What are you some kinda commie or somthing :flipoff2: We are all entitled to our opinions but that does not meen I gotta like it.
[/quote]

everyone can have there opinions .... i think 45lv look like a old tin shed .... ::) but who asked me ALL CRUISERS ARE COOL so what does it matter 8)... 1ton convertions are extra cool when they look stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom