1-HDT compression test instructions? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just ordered a GearWrench Cylinder Compression tester kit from Amazon.

The FSM for says to do the test through the injector holes with lots of extra ass-pain steps. I'm betting the kit I ordered doesn't come with the correct adapters to accomplish the "FSM" test.

That Said - Can anyone give direction on how to check compression through the glow plug holes, with minimal steps? thanks

Last edited:
Better odds of getting an answer posting in the Diesel section. 99% of the posters in here have gas motors.

8F533919-E59B-47D1-A168-40753EF09742.jpeg
22C0DB47-D711-4174-833F-1B98A86453A5.jpeg
FFA7326A-DE7D-401C-B558-4B163E635CBC.jpeg

But skip the steps removing manifolds etc.

You can compression test via glow plug hole, or injector hole, which ever you can find or make a suitable adapter for.
If you can get hold of a spare glow plug, or spare injector, you can make an adapter.

Either way, you'll need some new o-rings When you reinstall the injector/ glow plugs

Quick tip - after you disconnect the fuel cutoff solenoid but before removing the plugs, crank the engine a few times to burn off anything else that might be in the cylinders. Otherwise you stand to ruin your gauge. Ask me how I know.

Fantastic! Thanks guys!
I'll let y'all know how it went when the test kit comes in.

Just curious: has anyone had their diesel VE fuel pump rebuilt and tuned by GTurbo? I sent mine last year, and its failed already(front seal leaking diesel to oil sump!). Not sure if this is just a fluke, or if other folks have had issues.

Dear All

I'm looking for the SST 09992-00211, 09992-00024 now. Where I can get it?

Does the
GEARWRENCH 4 Pc. Diesel Compression Test Kit - 3468 includes everything for conducting the compression test?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0025PXWUS/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1#

Thanks 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom