1.5" Wheel Spacers? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(I'm getting some fresh meat installed on Friday (265/70-18 Grabber AT2s and I'll be doing my small lift in the next few weeks. )

Is anyone running wheel spacers on their GX? Im contemplating going with a set of 1.5" SpiderTrax spacers to help widen the stance.

Anyone running a set? Any improvement/rubbing issues?

Running Spidertrax (1.25 I think) for 6 years on the first 4runner...no issue what so ever.

Going to run them on this truck as well, as soon as the lift goes on.

Actually just ordered another Dexter axle for my other Military trailer, and it's the only way I can get from lug centric to hub centric for matching wheels on my 4runner.

Adding spacers usually create more rub on the body, but less on suspension parts like UCAs. I put some on my GX, but ended up taking them off as it created too much body rub

1.5" isn't a ton, and I know of people running them without an issue. You should be g2g

I run 1.25" Spidertrax with very little rub - just a touch on center of mud flap when going in reverse. I heated it up and it went away, but came back after alignment and I havent messed with it again a second time.

I think stilespendleton is running a 275/70 on his GX460, and as he mentioned above, the spacers created too much rubbing. Somewhere between 275/70 (his) and 265/65 (mine) you pick up a nasty rub with the 1.25 spacers. So based on fuzzy math id say you might get away with 1.25 with a heat gun but 1.5 Id guess you'll rub a lot with 265/70 (assuming grabbers are true to size).

Last edited:
I had a set of 1.25" hub centric spacers with first the OEM Trail wheels 7.5x17 with -14 offset with 265 70 17 Wildpeak AT3W and then the TRD wheel 7x17 with a -4 offset and the rubbing was just too much to enjoy. The look and stance were great but function was not.

Any pics, before and after glamour shots?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom