05 UJZ100 backup camera ...bummer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My back up camera worked fine for the last 10 years and then started working intermittently, now is DOA 99% of the time. Anyone got any fixes? Is it the camera, the reverse sensor???

I a have dead reverse camera on a 2006 LX, i bought it with this issue and now trying to troubleshoot it.

When its shifted into reverse, i don't even get "check surroundings for safety", i get just a black screen.

Is there any setting in the NAV or Techstream i need to enable to turn on the camera?

If i hit the display button in reverse, the normal display menu shows up on the edges and the screen in the center is still black.

At the top of the display menu, there is a green button (or thats what it looks like ) that says "REAR OFF"... What does that do? (see photo off the web below.

1415157266.jpg

Last edited:
Messed around with the oem reverse camera today. I tired to remove it from the tailgate but when it didn't budge i backed off. Any tricks other then removing the Torx bolts? I looked into the tailgate and saw some wiring hackery, at least thats what it looks like to me.
Does this look factory or did someone splice into this connector?
BB5DC5B6-38A6-4795-9F9A-ED2A62922A8A.jpeg

7BC349FB-6E48-4B0C-AAAD-D100CF282495.jpeg

A49F5E17-18DA-488A-A293-2DDC81E05EC4.jpeg

Looks like OEM wire loom protector to me

Reactions: ls6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom