The interior lights in my Tahoe get left on all the time. Haven’t quite trained my kids to turn lights off The stock incandescents also get quite hot. So I decided to order up some LED’s.
From superbrightleds:
6 x 4410-WW8-CB
6 x 194-WWHP5
Old Festoons
The board on the LED’s was a bit wide, so I decided to dremel the bulb socket prongs
Here’s one I dremeled
They are much brighter. Wife now wants LED’s in her Suburban
Next up was all 4 door lights and the 2 front cup holder spot lights. All 6 are wedge base bulbs.
Bulb too fat for the door lights
Used a micro flat file to open it up
Didn’t get pics of the two front spot lights. It was fairly simple. All that was needed was to use a round file on the reflectors. Open up the hole to account for a slightly wider LED.
Update: Have had two instances where I tried to turn on a task light and that LED didn’t fire. I immediately pressed a different task light which caused both LED tasks’ to fire. Guessing some computerized control device sometimes needs 2 LED’s to wake it up
Not familliar with the control system You are using but if it’s a CAN bus controller it may be that it doesn’t see enough resistance from the LED. (Similar to when you swap to LED turn signals and they flash too fast). You may be able to get a different bulb that has a small resistor in it to simulate an incandescent bulb.
Also, you could put a timer relay on the light circuit that would kill power to the interior lights after 60 seconds of the ignition being turned off, that way they can never get left on...