Did my valve cover gasket today + (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

619TOY

SILVER Star
Threads
Did my valve cover gasket today along with some other boring stuff, plugs, wires, belts, hoses, etc. It was a little bit of shame cause it was such a nice day, but it had to be done.

I re-realized that my throttle cable was starting to deteriorate on the outside the same as I've seen on some other rigs here. Honestly, I don't know if it would ever hurt anything but I fixed it pretty simply. First I straightened it out to make sure it was moving freely and it was so I used some heavy duty heatshrink (the kind with glue) and protected the sections from the fusebox area to the throttle body. I also straightened it out where the last mechanic to work on it tangled it around the spark plug wires.

My valve cover was looking pretty crappy, so I decided to spruce it up a little too. I just cleaned it with a blue Scotch-Brite on a die grinder then a realy soft wire wheel to get into the nooks and crannies and get rid of the Scotch-Brite marks.
3-6-07 012.jpg
3-6-07 010.jpg
3-6-07 014.jpg

Nice. Where did you get the shrink wrap?

Man, you cleaned that puppy up!

Easy job, the valve cover gasket, aint it?

Never have had to touch the valve cover yet. But you did a real good job cleaning her up!

Thanks, I get the heatshink from a vendor. Here's a link to his websight. I'm not even sure if he usually caters to the general public but he is a great guy.http://tiewraps.com/dualwall.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom