Temp sensor location in FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm fighting a cooling issue on my 60 and bought a mechanical temp gauge to install during this process. My Haynes manual shows the location of the temp sensor for the 62, but that doesn't apply to the 60. Can anyone tell me where this is on the 60? I looked for 20 minutes yesterday but couldn't see where to install the new sensor.Thanks,Ray

The temp sending unit is located on the drivers side of the cyl. head towards the back.

Right on top and the back close to the firewall on the driver side. sticks straigt up

Guys, I discovered that the wire from my temp sensor had a section of burned insulation that was shorting against the head. Thanks Dave! I repaired and rerouted the wire and it looks like the gauge problem is solved.

The wire leading to my temp sensor also looks like its seen better days. I'll fix that when I get around to the engine swap. Most likely the wire leading to the electric engine fan sensor is melted or in bad shape too.

i would highly recommend using a mechanical temperature gauge. it gives you a much better picture of what's really going on with your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom