Round eyes conversion headlamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This weekend I received the bulb replacements for my round eyes conversion headlamps. I went with the 55w/100w bulb. Its nice because in the city with out my brights my lights are legal but I went out to the country to see my new lights and they filled up the whole road and for quite some distance. I will say for sure that I'm comfortable driving down a gravel road in North Dakota at 60 or faster, since I can see deer and cows in the road miles before i get there. They travel far as well as wide and I would suggest anyone that needs new lamps to really consider these conversion.

I'm going out tonight to get a picture of my trucks round eyes vs my roomies 4runners stock lights I'll make sure to post them.

So who makes this conversion and where can I find one?

I went with E code lenses and the 55/100 H4's

1465215-HeadLightCompare.JPG

That is with the heavy duty wire harness.

One of the best mods I ever did on my truck was upgrading the headlights to Hella E-code H4's. But the headlight bulbs are only half the problem, you also have to get a new harness to run the bulbs from. The factory headlight wiring is pathetic, the wires are too small and they run too far, which means you have a significant voltage drop at the bulb.

Some good reading, if you're interested:
http://www.rallylights.com/useful_info/headlamp_wiring.htm
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

Roger Brown (4crawler.com) sells an upgrade harness, or you can make your own.

<rantmode=on>

And thank you for running standard wattage bulbs in the low-beam side. I can't stand the selfish a$$holes that put high wattage bulbs in their trucks and blind everybody on the road. A lifted truck is already gonna be putting the light pattern higher than normal, there is no reason to be obnoxious about it. I have the same 55/100W bulbs in my E-codes, they work awesome. I also have a decent set of fog lights under my bumper that I ONLY use in poor weather.

<rantmode=off>

i have the roundeyes as well , they work great

I just got my roundeyes today, and they are awesome :) I didn't know they had a reflector over the bulb as well, its not shown in the picture. But the reflector works great, and draws a straight line cutting the light from flooding the sky.

These lights are gaining poularity...Definately on my "check it out" list.

BTW.....Vancouver WA to ND for school? Thats a helluva commute.;p

Figured I should dig this thread back up and post pics of my round eyes.

CRW_3346.jpg

Low beams

CRW_4892.jpg

High beams

CRW_4891.jpg

Low beams with a slight side angle

CRW_4896.jpg

Low beams head on, slightly above the lights.

CRW_4900.jpg

High beams head on, slightly above the lights.

CRW_4899.jpg

Yeah, its been a while since I have hit this thread but, its a 24 hour drive non stop, done it well can't count how many times I have made that drive with my room mate. Fun drive, actually thinking about doing the drive this year in my truck so I can actually wheel the 89... I will get some good pictures of the lights tomorrow, I do have the 60 watt low 90 watt high beams, they are awesome!

-Kyle

I am not even going to post my pictures, my headlamps look like $hit, compared to that, I am going to get the HID conversion set! Oh and on the commute...I Go to UND cause they are have an awesome Aviation School. I am actually finishing up my 2nd to last class and plan on being here another 2-5 years. Just finished up my flight instructor rating and I am working on my instrument flight instructor rating, actually few weeks away from having that too. In August I am applying to flight instruct for the University, Been anticipating this moment for years and it is near! I do commute less, more here in ND, flying, girl friend, dog, friends...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom