Builds Operation Sinus Infection (A build up of Snotz) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
Here is "Snotz" a 1963 FJ40. I have abandoned my 74 project in favor of the 63. Most of the parts will make there way from the 74 to the 63.

Parts coming from the 74 are:
TBI V8
auto trans
dual minis cases
spring over
Cruiser front axle
mini truck rear
4 wheel disc
GM booster/master cylinder
power steering
Prelude bucket seats
GM tilt column
new wiring

Still need to work out:
fuel delivery
full cage
and a little trimming here and there.
snotz 001_small.jpg
snotz 003_small.jpg
snotz 004_small.jpg

Last edited:
still more and a shot of the 74
snotz 010_small.jpg
snotz 011_small.jpg
snotz 016_small.jpg

My god that is an ugly color..

Sweet :D

My god that is an ugly color..

Sweet :D

And to think, someone made a conscious decision to paint the poor thing that color.
I think I'll keep it!!;)

love the 63 no emissions, clean cowl and firewall and awesome windshield. Looks like you have as much work as I do. good luck, we'll have to have a build off, I need the motivation. Sean
100_0039.jpg

I like the color. :bounce: <- bouncing snot

Are you just going to swap the body onto the '74 frame? Looks like you've got a lot of work in that already.

Save those front locking hubs for the hall of shame. Husky hub ............ probably the worst hub ever built. :D

Cruiser Nerd,

You have a good eye, yes, those are Husky hubs, I have never seen them before. I was given a set of Warn hubs in a box of misc. parts. The 74 frame and tub (less the hood/fenders) will be sold. I will be posting in the for sale section the parts I intend to sell.

I finally got about an hour and a half on the cruiser today. Removed the heater, horns and some misc. parts. I also removed some handy work performed by a PO (who was not very handy) and washed out about 100lbs. of dirt and mud from the frame and fenderwells.
snotz 017_small.jpg
snotz 022_small.jpg
snotz 020_small.jpg

Last 2...........................................
snotz 021_small.jpg
snotz 018_small.jpg

What are you plans with the F motor???

Well today the project may have changed course. While removing more of the PO fab skills, I have uncovered a pretty substantial crack in the frame. It was partially repaired with some square tubing and booger welds. When this thing broke the entire shackle came off. So, do I repair the frame, or just do a body swap to the 74 frame and call it good? Here are some pics........

Well today the project may have changed course. While removing more of the PO fab skills, I have uncovered a pretty substantial crack in the frame. It was partially repaired with some square tubing and booger welds. When this thing broke the entire shackle came off. So, do I repair the frame, or just do a body swap to the 74 frame and call it good? Here are some pics........

Don't see any pictures, but there are a lot on this board who would weld, but personally for me I would swap to the other frame since I would not trust my welding job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom