For Sale Tandem Master Cylinder Adapter for early FJ40s and FJ45s, SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Just another one of my many custom products I haven't done a very good job of marketing!

I originally designed this adapter back in 1992 when I started the restoration of the 65swb45. I knew from experience wheeling my '68 in Big Bear what happens when ONE wheel cylinder fails on a single circuit master cylinder!:eek: And I knew I wasn't gonna let that happen to the swb45. I designed a compact adapter to make a very simple way of converting to a dual circuit master for those who didn't want to go thru the extra effort of fitting a booster, and had a local machine shop make me a batch of these adapters, which I have been selling ever since.

I had the adapter made from 3/8 steel plate, which I feel is adequate to secure the mounting hardware, yet compact enough to allow use of the stock pushrod to actuate the dual circuit master cylinder. The adapter has 4 studs protruding from it for the master cylinder to mount to [the same mounting method Toyota used with their brake boosters] so alignment is assured and cross-threaded or stripped holes are impossible.

I recently switched to a new CNC source which has allowed me to make a substantial drop in price from what these use to cost me to make. So in as much as these have been 'under the radar' for so long, I am going to offer the adapters from this new batch at a RE-introductory MUD price of $50.00. I'm not sure how long I will keep it at this price; your response will definitely count. Minimum order requirements apply.
CIMG0791.jpg

Last edited:
have any adapters left?

Yeah, he's got 'em, but you'll get a faster response if you call the BIG RED NUMBER in his sig line... Leave a msg if he doesn't answer; One man shop.

Yeah, he's got 'em, but you'll get a faster response if you call the BIG RED NUMBER in his sig line... Leave a msg if he doesn't answer; One man shop.

yea called, n didnt seem to have a voice mail over the weekend. but called Mark today and he hooked me up. Good guy he was actually doing the same to a fj40 that was there at his place as we we're talking on the phone. Good Stuff. Great guy.

:cheers:

Nice product, too. You'll be impressed when it shows up at your door.

You prolly won't get a response here... Best to call Mark at the BIG RED PHONE NUMBER above M-F. Leave a msg if the machine picks up 'cuz it means he's under someone's junk.

Thanks for trying Alf. I have a hunch about this one though.

qdup, please help me spread the word: I use the internet to promote my business; I use the telephone to conduct it.

I will ship this part for $10.

Nice clean lookin adapter. I will be giving you a call this weekend. Will need to know what MC i need to use.

Question for anyone who's done an install with Mark's adapter or knows the answer: what is the advantage of going to a dual circuit master other than the one Mark described in the first post?

mark, will this adapter allow an early 60s fj40 without power brakes, adapt to allow for vac/power brakes.

I think he has two different adapters one to space a booster off the rib and the one here to run newer master without booster call him for the different ones

1st bump

Got one myself. Perfect fit. Great product.

2nd bump.

A question to add on to this thread if its ok. I'm converting from a single to dual circuit on a 67 FJ40 and getting it to work is killing me. Re did everything, kept the 4 drums but replaced cylinders lines etc. Put in a MC (recommended by vendor) that was listed for 75 to 80 (outlets on top) and cant get it to work, pedal still to the floor with minimum braking ability, wont harden with pumping the pedal. Bled gallons, bench bled x 5 even extended the pushrod so at rest it has the MC pushed in 3/8 of an inch with minimal change. Wonder is the push rod throw not enough, did the geometry of the brake pedal change from 67 to 75?.........Help. Thanks

A question to add on to this thread if its ok. I'm converting from a single to dual circuit on a 67 FJ40 and getting it to work is killing me. Re did everything, kept the 4 drums but replaced cylinders lines etc. Put in a MC (recommended by vendor) that was listed for 75 to 80 (outlets on top) and cant get it to work, pedal still to the floor with minimum braking ability, wont harden with pumping the pedal. Bled gallons, bench bled x 5 even extended the pushrod so at rest it has the MC pushed in 3/8 of an inch with minimal change. Wonder is the push rod throw not enough, did the geometry of the brake pedal change from 67 to 75?.........Help. Thanks

You should post this in the tech section...but short answer is that the later model masters were meant for a booster system. Not sure if this is your issue, but most people use an early 70's dual master as shown in the link Mark posted.

Bump for a great product that I will be ordering soon. Thanks, Mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom