1962 FJ40 / Picture / fjfjfj (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting closer to the finish line. Here is a before and after pic of the front end. fjfjfj

dave62frontinbarn.jpg

dave62frontblinkers.jpg

Nice work. I thought about that buying it when it was for sale but you have done it way more justice than i would have.

Thanks you guys for the nice comments. I mentioned earlier in my thread that I found out a " little bit late " that the cruiser had been painted light blue from head to toe the same week it was purchased brand new, part of a fleet for a hunting outfit in Steamboat Springs. So, if nothing else, this cruiser now gets to live out a whole new life wearing it's original color ( Lily White ) . The color combo of Lily White, Off White Top and Bezel, Coral color seats, Yellow Jack, Black, Chrome, Cad and Spanish Maroon bezel lettering all makes for a very cool looking early Japanese design. I will post pics of when it's completely done. Should be in about two weeks. FJFJFJ

A Few more Pictures.

Just gotta put in the front door glass, seats, back bumperettes, Tire carrier, hubcaps, restored steering wheel, touch up some more details and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,do a bunch more details and then,,,,,,,,,,,,more details. lol.

dave62closefront.jpg

dave62driverside.jpg

Well done, it looks awesome.

Getting closer to the finish line. Here is a before and after pic of the front end. fjfjfj

Nice attention to detail! Beautiful!

Thanks for the comments.

Have just tried to keep to the original factory design. Really wanted to see what an original new cruiser from that era looked like. Did the best I could. Thanks. FJFJFJ

Early shot of engine.

This pic was from a few months back. Have dialed in on finishing up the engine bay details. Other details also. A few pics attached. Was really happy that I was able to use the original side and back reflectors after some restore. Pretty cool. Them r 52 years old. fjfjfj

dave62reflector.jpg

dave62footstep.jpg

dave62engine7.jpg

Here are a few more pics.

Just putting up a few more. The seats came out so nice!!!! Also able to restore the old hose clamps. Mr. Binns inspired me. lol

dave62driversidefar.jpg

dave62nicenice.jpg

DAVE62STORAGEPAINTEDPARTS.jpg

Oh my...

:clap::clap::clap:

:cheers:

Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!!! Thank you for the due justice and inspiration. Excellent work!!!

Thanks you guys.

Thanks you guys for the nice comments and yes, I am also very happy with those cool original clamps. I am also happy with being able to re-use those original DIETZ #86 side and rear reflectors that were put on back in 1962. The original heater also that Toyota U.S.A. put in upon arrival was able to be restored and works perfectly. Here are a few random pics below from various stages of the restore. Was also able to restore that e-brake back to niceness. Those hoses, clamps and tubing below are all from the original 1962 also. fjfjfj

DAVE62EBRAKE.jpg

DAVE624X4.jpg

DAVE62ENGINENEW.jpg

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! That is awesome. Simply awesome.

Picture original front blinker

Was able to restore the original front blinkers. There are several cool things that the Japanese designers did in 1962 but being able to see the original front blinkers working again is very rewarding. They are just too cool and a funky unique design. fjfjfj

dave62frontblinkers2.jpg

Seats in yesterday.

Just gotta finish doing the doors and a bunch more details. Color combo very cool. Toyota had a good eye. LOL

dave62side.jpg

dave62closeseatsnice.jpg

dave62closeseats.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom