FJ28 pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh , Hell.....

I'll give you 500 USD's for it.....:D

Welcome to 'Mud :flipoff2: [official welcome]

Thanks for the pics......... My wife wood not approve of the way that made me feel....... :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Very nice. Love those old doors and windows...hell, love the whole thing!!!

Thanks for the link:cheers:

love seeing the early aussi bodies....all hand made and all cool :)

does the tag actually say fj28?

the body seems 25 length...not 28 length...since the early rigs came to AU with just cabs...it may be a 25 made to a Pick-up...and not a 28....love to see a better pic of the vin plate....stilll very VERY RARE and VERY VERY COOL :)

from 1959: http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/images/print/Toyota05_100.jpg

from 1958/59: http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/images/print/early_jp_brochure-1-6-md.jpg

also what is the frame #?

GREAT RIG/.....and welcome

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pictures. You're right, there are not many pictures of the 28 on the net, probably because there weren't many examples to begin with and even fewer survivors. ;)

That is a very nice original example you have. We were wondering if the FJ28 shared the same VIN run as the FJ25, that's why Johnny C. was asking. I can't remember the number, but the wheelbase is definately longer than the 25.

I'd also like to see one of those semaphore turn signals sticking out. Any idea if they are electric or vacuum operated?

What are your plans for it? Looks like with a good cleaning and some upholstery work you'll be back in business. :beer:

(Love the food picture sets on FLickr, they were almost as interesting as the Cruiser pics!):cheers:

I'll definitely take some more pics of the winkers (and everything else) when I get it out into the light. I don't think that 28 is stamped onto the tag, but I'll have to recheck that. I seem to recall that the tag was blank.

I'm still not sure of my plans for it yet, but I'll certainly keep you all posted.

As for the engine number and chassis, I thought you might enjoy it from the original registration certificate. Purchaser has been blacked out by me to retain a little anonymity.

2297478125_2a2a83b76c.jpg

Engine no. F/82982, Chassis no. 8FJ28-2099

Thanks for the comments on the food photos: I make a living as a food writer.

hell yeah, pull 'er out and dust 'er off. lets see that paint finish.:)

it's beautiful!:cheers:

question: ...not many amenities on the interior doors,, why is that ?

The 25's and 28's shipped to Australia appear to have been cowl and chassis only. So the body from the dashboard to the rear was fabricated locally after it arrived. :steer:

Have just found a J28, this is the only pic I have ATM, Chassis number is J28, still running the "Chev" 6 before they changed to the F motor, single speed transfer, min rust, missing the orig carby and air cleaner only. This may be up for sale, PM me if interested
untitled.JPG

I'd love to see more pictures also...you gonna bring this home Phil?

doesnt Phil just buy local? :)

along way from AU ...but...just remember the shipping part something like 2000-2500 to ship...i would love to see this rig come over here....it would be the only one...they have one over there already :) we want ours :) ....uhhh ....Phil's

Jsaltlick and stainless40/45 ship alot of rigs from AU...PM them ...both very nice and very helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom