Another Turboglide Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First , a quick thanks to all who helped answer my guestions and all those who came before me. You were truly a huge help!:cheers:

The turbo showed up on a rainy day.

Comes pretty much complete.
Turbo arives.jpg

I asked for some suggestions on mounting the gauges and got many ideas. I decided to fab a simple bracket and install it using only existing bolt and screw holes.
Turbo #8.jpg
Turbo #9.jpg
Turbo #10.jpg

Then I attached the autometer pannels. I had to place then so I could still use the heater controlls.

Now the fun begins time to start disasembly :). It's probably dumb luck on my part but adding a turbo helped me discover the ex manafold gasket was cooking through.
Turbo #12.jpg

I was worried about breaking bolts but all came out easily. I figured it would be easier to detach the turbo from the new manafold. I was right on that one. Together it's a pretty heavy buggar and a tight spot to get it in.
Pyro 007.jpg
Pyro 019.jpg

Before I bolt up the turbo, it seemed like a good time to tap for the pyrometer.
Pyro 021.jpg
Pyro 022.jpg

In the meantime my booster gave up and then the mastercylinder about 3 weeks after the booster. So, while my rig was down I figured a good time to fix this too.
2007 Vacation Chatham 001.jpg
2007 Vacation Chatham 002.jpg
Pyro 016.jpg

You guys aren't kidding when u talk about expence. But it is fun completing projects no matter how small. The booster was for LHD so I had to shorten the rod and install it upside down which meant rearranging the vacuum tube.
Pyro 017.jpg
Pyro 018.jpg

Back to hooking up the little stuff, the pyro, got this technique from Lostmarbles. Oil supply and return lines and water.
Pyro 028.jpg
Pyro 035.jpg
Pyro 026.jpg

Looking awesome!!!

But how about a pic of the whole car, please?

Oops the pic

That is a cool idea, i should have though about that! But the gauge are deep, will they touch the air vent?

Last edited:
Before I bolt up the turbo, it seemed like a good time to tap for the pyrometer.

I already had a bolt there, maybe because i ask them where i will mount the pyro, so they weld a nut there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom