New Fox Prototypes for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
Hey guys,

I just got the go ahead to test some new prototype Fox shocks on our 80 series. These new shocks are designed just for our rig and assess our weight and top heavy side roll. Today I took some measurements so they can fire them out, but it will be a little bit before i get out and test them.. im thinking Saline valley road? :D

Stay tuned, if they're anything like everything else the produce im sure they won't let us down.

subscribed as I've had my eye on some 2.0's. Any word on a front coil-over set up for our 80s? I would gladly put my rig up for testing!

this is good to know. looking forward to the report

Eagerly following this!

I am willing to do some testing on my rig or watch you test them!

It seems as with all of the diverse rigs on this thread alone, not to mention in SoCal, that Fox should be able to supply solutions for all us 80 heads, i.e... a stock height replacement, one for all of the common OME, Ironman and Slee lift sizes.

Oh man! I want :cheers: Let us know how it goes.

Yet another vendor I chatted with on the 80 series subject at Tierra-Del-Sol. Looks like the market is really taking notice of the 80 series! Looks like our options for modifications are expanding. I like options.

Oh, I'll be watching this!

so.....gettin close yet?

I already have a set; they could have just copied mine. They are custom Fox 2.5" remote reservoir dual bypasses made by Lothringer Motorsports. It's a tight fit but they work great. I've done 75mph on the straight line sections of Saline Valley Road, but it still wasn't fun. I think that road would still suck in a Trophy Truck.
lc%20shocks.jpg

Those light racing bumps look sweet in there. How did you mount them?

They thread in to the top but you would have to ask Lothringer Motorsports on the install. I bought the Cruiser as is from Jeff Lothringer. He is on this board but I'm not sure how often he checks in.

How about just torching off all that crap and putting in a nice set of coilovers?

How about just torching off all that crap and putting in a nice set of coilovers?

I think the only way you could see an advantage with coilovers over my setup would be if you change the entire suspension geometry or manage to fit a dual rate coilover. I think if I switch to a progressive rate coil like FOR's I would still have an advantage over a dual rate coil alone. In an 80 your links limit the flex, not the coils so no advantage is gained in articulation with coilovers. A dual rate coilover would be nice, but that would take a lot of cutting and custom fab work. A coil and bypass will give you way better dampening then a coilover alone. Now if you can manage to fit a coilover, bypass and bumpstop on each corner with improved suspension geometry then you would have the ultimate cruiser. I think there is a huge market for a bolt on shock that is worth buying and I applaud FOX for stepping up. It would be great to get near my 80's performance in the desert without the $4000 price tag.

Are these going to be the new internal bybass version? Just pre-ran The Parker 400 in the 80 a couple months back....way way too soft. I really need some better shocks and I like the idea of the internal (noisless) bypasses! Let us know how it goes.

well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom