SoCal Desert Rendezvous 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some folks over at Expo are starting up a thread to get a group together the weekend of 3/18 - 3/19. I hope/plan to attend and thought i would post the info up here as it would be good to see a group of 80's out there.

Expedition Portal Forum

Joined the social group over there. Calendar is open...if I have a truck. :crybaby:

Planning on making this.

I'll see you guys there (where ever the coordinates land on).

I think we're gonna make it out there. Seems like a good time to test our new (to us) RTT and Engel. I feel so grown up now.

BTT - Just a reminder

More info please.

I don't want to create another account at Expedition forum to view the details since I got enough BMW forum to keep track and just pick up my FZJ80 today.

Would somebody kindly post the details here so I can see and plan to meet you guys with my new 80? Thanks.

Peter

SoCal Desert Rendezvous 2011

DATE: Friday and Saturday nights, March 18th and 19th 2011

LOCATION: SoCal Desert , somewhere south of the 10 and east of the 15 between the Colorado river and the Mexican border.

One week prior to the Rally, I'll send the coordinates to the members of the ExPo of San Diego and the Inland Empire social group via PM.

The Vision:

1. No Fees: Come as you are!
2. Laid Back: No schedule other than the date.
3. Mountain Man Rendezvous meets Overland Meet and Greet.
4. Swap Meet: Bring things to trade or sell or barter (this is NOT a commercial event!).
5. Meet People: Network, maybe teach each other a few things and check out cool rigs.
6. Real Fireside Chat: With a real fire. Share food and beverages of your choice.

The Ground Rules:

1. Common Sense.
2. Respect for Others.
3. Self Sufficiency.
4. Tread Lightly.
5. Leave it the way we found it!

- The intent is to be inclusive and promote max participation - this means family friendly, dog friendly (supervised/common sense), and we won't turn anyone away for AZ or NV plates so long as they bring firewood. (J/K)

- Please note well in advance that this will NOT be a commercial event, that there will NOT be fees, and that there will NOT be support facilities (toilets, water, shore power etc). All trash must be packed out and the area left spotless!

DISCLAIMER:
A. COME PREPARED - SELF SUFFICIENCY (VEHICLE AND SELF) AND THE CAPABILITY TO TREAD LIGHTLY WILL BE THE ONLY REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND.
B. YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR YOURSELF. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK ON PUBLIC LANDS.
C. WE REPRESENT THE PORTAL COMMUNITY AND WILL ADHERE TO OUR COMMUNITY STANDARDS OF CONDUCT.
D. ANYONE WHO CANNOT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

************************************************** **************************************************

NOTE: This thread is a continuation of earlier threads wherein the community members declared interest and decided the dates. This informal community gathering is designed so that members of the SoCal and San Diego/IE/OC ExPo Chapters can meet each other in person and share a real campfire.

If you have not done so, please go to the User CP at the upper left of your screen and select "social groups" and ensure that you join the group "ExPo of San Diego and the Inland Empire".

Coordinates for the rendezvous will be announced via PM to members.

I am not sure if this applies to anyone here but I tow my rig and the event organizer stated a tow rig will not make it to the base camp. I may have to get as close as possible and just commute to base camp.

Yeah, i don't know how much truth there is to that. I know 'abouts' where this is happening and i can't really see any problem with you getting in, unless you tow with a Corolla :D

I think what they're trying to avoid is having a bunch of vendors/buggies/ or any type of toyboxes show up.

What do you tow with?

I will either be towing in a Dodge 2500 Crew cab 2WD or a 1975 Peterbilt COE long wheel base with a hauler bed. Neither are the best tow rigs for those conditions but not the worst either. I have managed to get most places with the dodge in recent years. Do you think either one of those would make it to the spot? Thanks

** no toyboxes or enclosed trailers. Just my flatbed.

Thanks for posting the details for the Rendezvous.

Look like I have to skip since I don't think my rig is expedition worthy yet. Thx.

Thanks for posting the details for the Rendezvous.

Look like I have to skip since I don't think my rig is expedition worthy yet. Thx.

I think this is more of a camping/hang out with like minded folks thing than an expo type trip. I suspect if your tires hold air and 4wd functions you should be good. Just my 2 cents.

Cool! We should probably do a roll call one of these days and talk about caravanning out there and more importantly food and liquid refreshments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom