Installed new PIAA Super Bass horn kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At lunch today I installed PIAA's new Super Bass horn kit, 300mhz and 400mhz horns rated at 112db. These are a huge improvement over the stock horns and retail for only $64.98 for the pair. Install was pretty straight forward, remove the stock horns and horn bracket, install PIAA horns where bracket used to be, plug in stock power wire on top terminal, plug in supplied ground wires on lower terminal, connect ground wires to chassis and your done. You don't even have to remove the stock grille for the install. If anyone in the Sacramento area would like to hear them in person let me know.

Here is a link to the product, these are brand new so the order page is not up yet. I have a customer that is a West cost rep for PIAA so he got me a set to try out/promote.

PIAA

Can you provide a video (and audio) of how they sound with you repeatedly honking???

JK. :rolleyes: Somebody posted such a video on you tube for some new Hella horns and his neighbors must have been livid. Thanks. These horns sound pretty cool.

In Baja last week I was passing a local guy on a two-lane road (broken yellow line) who initiated a left turn with no turn signal as we got on his quarter at speed. My mediocre stock horns saved our ass, as he stopped further progress to the left after I honked. It would have been ugly if we had made contact. Louder horns would be even better.

YouTube video on product link.

Sounds good.

Anybody ever salvage a pair of good horns from the junkyard ? I'm sure there are some vehicles out there with pretty bad ass horns. For instance the best I ever had was a 93 Isuzu Trooper, you could watch people jump in there seat when you lit them up with that thing. Thought about finding one of those and wiring it up in the cruiser. Speaking of wiring, I wonder if its like headlights, the more juice you put too it, the louder they are ?

I run dual Hella Tones (in all 4 vehicles) and people who cut me off remember them well...

80s Cadillac Eldorado horns sound like a freight train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom