Power Steering Cooler Upgrade. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I smooshed the factory PS cooler in a low speed collision with a tree, so from the advice of others I replaced it with a better unit.
Figured I would post it on here since it was a cheap and easy upgrade.

Here's the cooler. Summit Racing has MANY different universal units and this one was only $29.95. There's a local Summit where I live, so I didnt have to order it, but $30 isnt bad.

Here's a bunch of coolers.

Search Results for power steering cooler - SummitRacing.com

And this is the unit I bought.

Derale Cooling Products 13200 - Derale Performance Power Steering Coolers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I cut/welded the factory brackets from the OEM PS cooler to fit the new one. That with some GATES hose from the local NAPA had me back in business in no time.
cooler.JPG
cooler1.JPG
cooler2.JPG

Here's another bracket that holds the hose away from the radiator support.
cooler3.JPG

Hey another former XD owner...Now with a white FZJ80...uncanny.

,Marcus aka the limey on Dweb

Hey another former XD owner...Now with a white FZJ80...uncanny.

,Marcus aka the limey on Dweb

ahahaha! I remember you!

I was DiscoveryXD. Kinda funny isn't it? I wish it was my first choice... That Rover waisted a lot of my money! :rolleyes:

Seriously, that looks factory with the way you mounted it, very:cool: Hows the spacing between the grill? Any pics of the connection from the factory hoses?

Seriously, that looks factory with the way you mounted it, very:cool: Hows the spacing between the grill? Any pics of the connection from the factory hoses?

It sits just under the valance, so the grill is well above it. I'm going to be building a custom front bumper as soon as I get the rest of the front end pieces back on, so it will have plenty of air flow with the design i'm building.

I just ran a longer section of hose from the res. and ps box to the cooler. All the connections are with hose clamps like the cooler.

Very nice! Looking forward to that front bumper.

Did you custom make the brackeets or were they bought from somewhere?

Did you custom make the brackeets or were they bought from somewhere?

I took the brackets off the stock cooler, cut them apart and added some 1/8" steel from the metal scrap pile to make them work

great job on the brackets. i have the same cooler in a pig i'm building and ran one for years in my 40.

On my list now! Think I'm gonna order one this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom