What the heck is this indicatior light mean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what does the indicator light mean beside the timing belt light?

21379_1251728585.jpg

Fuel Filter/sedimenter has water in it.

Hey 70s Guy,

Is that really you in your pic, and is that hot thang your woman? 'Cause you are looking way too cool and she's hot and I didn't know either of those were possible in B.C. - especially at the same time and place. Heh.

DougM

Fuel Filter/sedimenter has water in it.

Eh???? Are you serious???

When that light came on in my trubo diesel Surf it meant that I had to change the timing belt. They need doing every 100,000kms.

I see by your dash that you are on 118,xxxkms - when did the light come on? Was it like that when you got the truck?

The FZ engine is a timing chain so doesn't need changing. The diesels have a belt.

IIRC you have to pull the dash to get to the reset for that light.

my truck has left japan and should be here in a few days.
timing belt light goes off every 90 000kms to remind you to change it
so you change it. pull the little rubber plug and push the button inside the speedo housing and the 90 000km coundown is reset to 000000.

my truck has left japan and should be here in a few days.
timing belt light goes off every 90 000kms to remind you to change it
so you change it. pull the little rubber plug and push the button inside the speedo housing and the 90 000km coundown is reset to 000000.

Hey Fellas, reviving an old thread.
My indicator light went on when one of my calipers started leaking, and my brake fluid got low. As soon as I topped up the fluid, the light went out.

Hey 70s Guy,

Is that really you in your pic, and is that hot thang your woman? 'Cause you are looking way too cool and she's hot and I didn't know either of those were possible in B.C. - especially at the same time and place. Heh.

DougM

Wow.. dredged this one up!
To answer your question doug.. re my old avatar..
Yes and Yes and thankyou.

According to the HDJ81 EWD, the exclamation mark indicator is supposed to light up when the brake fluid or vacuum is low. The urine sample indicator next to the Tbelt is definitely the water in fuel sensor.

70sGuy, you get my PM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom