Install 37s. Wheel. Rinse. Repeat. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Decided to go from Pro Comp 35" Mud Terrains--which have been absolutely fantastic on trails from local mud to Moab to the Rubicon--to 37" Cooper Discoverer STT. Mounted them on 17" Mamba M4 wheels in Toyota bolt pattern (4-7/8" backspace, +10mm offset.)

Had to try them out immediately, so went local and did a wheeling run. On road, no more or less noise than the Pro Comps. Offroad, the fresher tread and side lugs (the Pro Comps had no side lugs, one thing I didn't like about them) bit hard into everything. The extra height got me through one rock garden I'd never done on 35's. They didn't get me up a slippery rock hill, but I was at 25lbs--prolly should have tried it at maybe 15lbs.

Lift is a Man-A-Fre 4" lift with OME components. No rubbing up front. They rubbed hard in the rear though, and we'll be trimming some back there.

So far, they seem great. Will report as more wheeling hits 'em.

Dave
1.jpg
2.jpg

few more pics

More pics
IMG_8626.jpg
IMG_8643.jpg
IMG_8715.jpg

pics glorious pics

food for thought
IMG_8796.jpg
3.jpg

last photos

final shots
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

Looks good, love the pics! What gears do you have?

Where are rubbing in the rear?

In post #2, pic 1, you can see it rubbing at the rear of the wheel well, on the remains of the mud flap area.

It also rubs on the exhaust pipe when stuffed.

Looks good, love the pics! What gears do you have?

Thanks! They are 5.29s from Yukon Gear; I had these in with my 35" Pro Comps too.

Sweet pics. I love the cooper's too. I am 99% sure that I will go with a set of 315's when my 285's wear out, which seems like it will take forever!

In post #2, pic 1, you can see it rubbing at the rear of the wheel well, on the remains of the mud flap area.

It also rubs on the exhaust pipe when stuffed.

Do you have extended lower rear arms?

-Spike

David the old gal is starting to look a bit rough around the edges...;)

great pics! the new digs look awesome. glad to see you got rid of the pro-comps. i have never run them but had friends who have and i have had to give them my spare. these photos are two different tires (brand new) same rig,same trip. interested to hear how the coopers do. keep up the good work!
p.s. it was an old rotten log on a two wheel drive road that cut the tire
uinyas08-07 217.jpg
uinyas08-07 291.jpg
uinyas08-07 297.jpg

dewatto?

Looks pretty good tire wise. :clap::clap::clap:

Needs some help in the body panels, and I think you need more of a lift to make those meats look right, though. :hmm::meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom