No "D" Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We all know the "D" light on the dash should go out first if it already hasnt, so... if your D light is burned out, how many miles is on your truck? Im trying to find an average mileage for this "club". (We should really have the "No D Club") I'm a proud member with 148,000.

No "D" here at 118500. It was burnt when I bought the rig at 97K miles, and it's still burnt. Imagine that! I can't say that I miss it, though. If it was as bright as the others, I think I would find it annoying. I'm generally able to figure out I'm in drive without it.

Out @ 116K! At first it bothered me, not some much anymore 2 years later @ 129K...

Bought it with 154k and no "D"

Bought my LC w/ barely over 100K w/ a burned out D light. It bothered me at first but I'm used to it now.:)

And all this time I thought not having a "D" light was a feature. Figured it didn't light up so you didn't have a bright "D" staring at you while you drive. Who knew? :p

"D" isn't as bright as the others transmission indicator lights. It's dimmed down compared to the others.

My "D" was not working when I bought the truck at 124,000 miles three years ago. Last month the instrument lights flickered so I hit the panel. The "D", and all of the other lights came on! So, at 182,000 miles, mine still works! :bounce::cheers:Ned

Update: OK, now March 2015 at 308,xxx miles and the "D" light is out (again). Also, the CEL has been on for 13 years. Who cares? Runs great.

Last edited:
210k and still ticking w/o the "D".

This might be more informative to find out who still has the "D" at what milage.

Mine went out at 125k and I began the research on replacing the bulb. Most on mud recommended that it wasnt worth the trouble, but a few said they had success hitting the dash in front/ around the D light. I know it sounds crazy but I went out and tried it...yep, worked like a champ and the light has been working now for the last year.

Bought it at 165k and no light and I'm not planning on replacing as it is a pretty time consuming process.

My D light went out about a week ago at 133k. I'll try wacking the dash. If I ever get around to modifying the temp gauge, I'll replace the bulb.

No D when I bought her at 190k! I agree, its kind of nice!

No "D" @ 185,000 miles when purchased 3 years ago. Currently @ 202,000 miles.

Makes night driving much better. Shifted to "2" the other evening just to remind me how nice it was to be in the No "D" Club :hillbilly:!

Riley

Bought it with 154K and no "d". Has anyone tried to replace it?

Bought it at 165k and no light and I'm not planning on replacing as it is a pretty time consuming process.

I replaced mine. BUT- I was in there to replace the odo cluster at the same time. I don't think I'd dive back in there just to do the D light. You pretty much have to remove the entire dash in front of the driver to get the cluster out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom