$300 turbo!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
crusty...
015-2.jpg

decent for 25yrs and 180,000 miles
016-1.jpg

from the titanic
017-2.jpg

ahh yahh...:D...LOOK AT THE WELLS AND FIREWALL SOOO CLEAN!!
018-4.jpg

and my driveway right meow...:thumbsup::rolleyes:
019-3.jpg

got the 2wd for $300 complete no title runs good...

going in my winter project which will consist of the following
acquired:
-90 4runner frame
-92 std cab and box
-85 turbo motor
-87 5spd and case
-85ish axles with TOYOTA E-lockers (high pinion front)

need to acquire:
-all-pro 4in lift
-35's of some sort
-hysteer
-trails!!!

I like it!!!!!
I look forward to seeing your build, all the ideas sound awesome.
IMO run a flat or stakebed on that thing, it'll give lots of clearance, and be easier to clean out whatever gunk caused the initial rot.

I like it!!!!!
I look forward to seeing your build, all the ideas sound awesome.
IMO run a flat or stakebed on that thing, it'll give lots of clearance, and be easier to clean out whatever gunk caused the initial rot.

the box I have is nice itll be bobbed and rear section of bottom box side hacked

thanks!!

nice nice score ... I was under the impresion that turbo engines was more close to 90 ..
Pretty sure they were, but I figured it was a swap.
You know haw we get to be with our Yotas

pretty sure turbo motors are 85-88..

auto only but came in 2wd & 4wd trucks and 4runners

kinda feel bad now haha I got this thing from northern iowa..

theres been a couple on craigslist in iowa check around..lots of toyotas in MN too:cheers:

still in the process of insulating my garage:bang:

but as soon as thats done (day or 2)

ITS ON!!...updates to follow..

oddly enough this project was going to involve ripping my 85 4x4 apart but ive gathered so many parts if i can just find extra front knuckles i wont need to touch my 85...then ill have 4 4x4's...:steer:

pretty sure turbo motors are 85-88..

auto only but came in 2wd & 4wd trucks and 4runners

86 and 87. 88 (& 89) was the introduction of the 14mm head bolt, and asbestos head gasket V6. (IIRC)

90 is when the 3.turd started showing its problems. That's when they changed the head bolt size and HG material. (IIRC)

AT's were the only trans you could get in the Turbo 4Runners, while both AT and 5 speeds (R150 and R151f) were available in the Turbo 2WD and 4WD trucks.

Last edited:
I like the AE86!!!:D

I like the AE86!!!:D

thanks...me too :cool:..I have 3...and like 8 81-83 corollas...

anyway Ive been taking it slow and samrt getting the turbo motor outta the 2wd itll be out tomorrow (there will be pix)

then sunday I need to get the frame out from under my parts 4runner get it to my house clean and paint it

so heres what she looked like this morning
036.jpg

then WAM!!!
039.jpg

little behind, but all the wiring is out..the 92 cab still on the frame is next to the 2wd so I need to get the cab off then take a bunch of stuff to scr ap.

then get the 4runner frame to tmy house and get the tranny and case from my 87 and it should be fabrication assemble time!!!

Last edited:
small update, my 85 p/u took a little longer than I expected...

soo back to this mess pretty much have all the guts for the front end so Im going to tackle that this weekend..ALL I really need is solid axle lock-outs...hint hint anyone????

all-pro hysteer..check
hi-pinion front elocker..check
sky-manufacturing backing plate elim. kit & axle brace..check
horrible disgusting goo in the housing...f**king check
001-10.jpg

uggh! to many G.D. projects

truck014.jpg

was busy building a motor for the AE86 over the winter and now thats hit a snag so Im back to the rig.

wasn't to excited about having to use a 4runner frame and mine was decent but still starting to rust...randomly cruising the JDMchicago forum I find this 90 2wd "rust free" cab and box and frame with spool, fabtech 2wd lift and 3" body lift. $300 later my dad's in chicago picking it up for me! (like as we speak)

SOO this project is back on! watch for updates and more pic's! cant wait to have a turbo Elock'd vintage painted "hilux"

:cheers:

(for those who care, AE86 motor)
85 "bluetop" bottom end .040 wiseco 10.5+ pistons
arp head studs & rod bolts
OER SK sanyo ITB's
saving for cams and finishing head work
shooting for 160whp
006-14.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom