What's this part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All I could find in the SOR catalog that came close to it was a "Manifold Insulator" or something to that nature.

The one in the SOR catalog looks to be made entirely of sheet metal where as this on has sheet metal and some sort of heat resistant cloth.

Any ideas? Do I need to have this on for the engine to function properly?

Thanks
manifoldinsulator.jpg

It bolts to the exhaust manifold and collects heat for your hot air intake and hot idle compensation systems. They are not essential systems for engine performance. For emissions on the other hand they should be working.

It bolts to the exhaust manifold and collects heat for your hot air intake and hot idle compensation systems. They are not essential systems for engine performance. For emissions on the other hand they should be working.

Cool, but does anyone have the Toyota Part number? I want to order it from Cruiser Dan and his life is made easier when you order with it.

How about someone posting a picture of how it's mounted on the exhaust manifold?

Thanks again!:cheers:

It's plenty usable as is. Just tear off the nasty stuff and bolt it back on. There is two threaded holes on the exhaust manifold just below the inlet for the air cleaner and behind the power steering pump.

It's plenty usable as is. Just tear off the nasty stuff and bolt it back on. There is two threaded holes on the exhaust manifold just below the inlet for the air cleaner and behind the power steering pump.
Howdy! The flexible hose is available in short sections from most parts stores. Just match up the diameter and cut it to fit. Doesn't really do much in warmer climates, but if you've got it, put it on, as it is pretty easy and makes things look tidy, without open holes all over the place. John

Cool, but does anyone have the Toyota Part number? I want to order it from Cruiser Dan and his life is made easier when you order with it.

How about someone posting a picture of how it's mounted on the exhaust manifold?

Thanks again!:cheers:

The replacement part I have has this part number on it, 17167-61012. It fits my manifold and the aircleaner fine. However, the construction is different; the high temp 'asbestos' type cloth has been replaced with sheet metal just like the elbow. Either, Toyota redesigned the part later which were incorporated into the replacement parts system or the Toyota parts department counter guy ordered me the wrong part (the fits correctly on an '81 2F with full emissions).

Good luck when you check with CruiserDan.

Larry has the correct part number. The insulator bolts onto the front arm of the exhaust manifold with the open tube point up.
exhaust insulator.JPG

Larry has the correct part number. The insulator bolts onto the front arm of the exhaust manifold with the open tube point up.[/quote

Awesome, that diagram shows it all. I guess I'll have to get a new one because as you can see, this one is shot and I'm trying to pass smog in Kalifornia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom