Hell Creek Suspension - FJ 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The time is finally upon us and tomorrow, during a tropical storm possibly, me and the boys will finally install the new 4-inch Hell's Creek Suspension on my 1989 FJ 62. I'm going to post up all the pics and talk about how we did it. This is a prototype from Tom and I'm going to run it through the ringer for him.

The kit came really complete and the springs look great. I bought greaseable shackles from MAF and steel brake lines from Spector and had the front u-bolts cut at Lafayette Springs here in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Last night I hosed all the bolts down with PB Blaster and tomorrow at 0800, we crack it apart and install the new kit. I hear great things about the HCS lifts on the FJ 40s and I'm excited to see my rig run on this new kit.

Stay tuned.

Marty

Good Deal!.....:cool:

I'm ready. Bring it on. I want to see this.

Will we get to see it at the Crawl?

I believe today is proof that Mother Nature is a Land Cruiser afficianado!

Look forward to the pics of the install.

Yes, Mother Nature loved us Louisiana Cruiser folks today. Awesome weather and awesome buds helping out. It took about 5 hours to do the full install. It really was a piece of cake and Tom has a kit that is ready to go.

I'm going to sort my pics and notes from the day and start describing the install. My rig looks way cool now!

And yes, it will be at the Southern Cruiser Crawl.

Sweet! Looking forward to the pics and seeing it at the SCC.

I believe today is proof that Mother Nature is a Land Cruiser afficianado!

Look forward to the pics of the install.

You're next right! :D

Here are a few links to pics. I can't get into too much detail yet without first talking to Tom at Hell Creek, since this is a prototype. He and I will go over everything and talk about the install, things we saw to add to the kit and so on.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/cajun65/DSC03415.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/cajun65/DSC03420.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/cajun65/DSC03412.jpg

My rig is still standing on the 31" ATs so some bigger tires will fill it out a little better.

Lift looks good, agree on the bigger meats. Who made the rack?

How much is the big question! The kit would need to differentiate itself from OME in some way. It gets kudos for being american made but for me it will either need to be cheaper or offer a better warranty than OME for it to be considered a viable option.

How much is the big question! The kit would need to differentiate itself from OME in some way. It gets kudos for being american made but for me it will either need to be cheaper or offer a better warranty than OME for it to be considered a viable option.

I don't know what the price will be or what he offers with it. I think the 40 series lifts he makes are pretty affordable and his reputation for service is excellent. I'll try to find out what I can though. This kit on my rig is only the second that he's made and the first on a running 60-series so I've got some work to do for him. I plan to do as much as I can around here and then really put it to the test at the Souther Cruiser Crawl in a few weeks.

I cannot wait also! I hope he can bring it into the same price as hes chargn for the fj40...

Well if you've bought OME before you know you pay through the nose for it. Tom's lift will most likely slice the price of the OME in half or damn close. I'm basing that on comparing the price of a 40 OME kit and 40 HC kit. Its a nice kit for the budget minded folks. Only difference like on my 40's maybe the on road ride characteristics between the two, the OME may have the edge. Just ride around with 1000 pds of beer drinking Cajuns it rides like a caddy. Made in MS right next door and the springs are very well made and durable. No thin leaves to save on metal.

Looks good. Lets see some shackle angle pics.

10 days till SCC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom