Factory Jerry Can? ? ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been offered what is claimed to be a factory toyota jerry can but it is out of town and unable to view myself, I have done a search but no joy so I have two ? ? for the parts gurus out there.
1. Do they exist?
2.Identifying marks/numbers?
:cheers:

Check with Landpimp or do a search in outfitting.

Cheers for that

:) Not sure but under the impresseion that this is off 40 series, jerry can and factory mount for it is what I have been told, I should have photo by end of week so will get that up asap.

:cheers:

The jerry can is still available. The mount is not. Unobtainium

The jerry can has a TEQ mark on the bottom. I am not certain there are many left in the "system" now, perhaps none.
DSCN5246 (Medium).JPG

Unless they raised prices recently should be around $175, worth a check with C-Dan.

Any pictures of the jerry can mount? Haven't seen a good picture of one and how it really differs from the GI style can mount. From what I've seen in the parts books it has a vertical and horizontal strap? Did you get the mount?

Got a couple of shots. . .

This is what I am waiting on, just got to have the guy agree to a price.

Last edited:
IDave said:
The jerry can has a TEQ mark on the bottom. I am not certain there are many left in the "system" now, perhaps none.

ahh, lol

so how well does it really seal... or are you even using it?

Living in the Past said:
The opening on top looks like standard GI, not Toyota.

John

The can is definately not what Toyota currently sells now - I'm not sure about old stock. The bracket, on the other hand, does look like the old Toyota bracket which was sold in the 60s. These need to be replicated.

I've used it for carrying water, not gas (yet). It's survived hundreds of freeze/thaw cycles, too. No leaking rightsideup, upsidedown, sideways, whatever. :D

I agree the cap doesn't look like what mine has.
DSCN5252 (Small).JPG

If you look at landpimps picture trail of the parts diagram both the can and the holder match his pictures posted

Yes, they do.

I'll check tonight but I think the 1963 FJ25 parts books shows the same cap as they are selling now. Maybe Jim (Cruiser_Nerd) will check in I know he has the same parts book. I know I just picked up a set of factory fog lights and are are the same ones sold for the FJ25s back in the late fifties.

X3 replicating the holder. I wonder if the bottom of the standard GI holder could be used with a new back? I'm sure Mike (Fox fab) will want one:)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom