Looking for adapter for mechanical oil gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We received the information on the best mechanical oil pressure gauge for us to buy and install before first engine start as a back up (Thanks guys), but we need a brass AN adapter fitting for the filter stand to accommodate the stock pressure sender and the new mechanical gauge with copper line. The filter stand is as seen in photo. We saw some time back that a fellow MUDDER had a post on a adapter he had found but I cannot seem to locate it on the MUDD site. Anyone have that posting or wording to locate it on this site or know of a place to buy a good adapter.
2F motor.
P2024547.jpg

call your local parker store. there should be one in medford, may be some in other towns too.

Fitting

I wanted to give a update to you folks on the brass adapter for the mechanical oil pressure gauge that I plan on using that was found on this web site. I received the brass fitting a few days ago and it is just as needed. Very simple and yet still small enough to give me piece of mind of not getting broken off or in the way when install.
For us folks that have this type of filter mount, this is the answers for that gauge install as far as I am concerned.
I also plan on building a scupper catch with drain to go around the lower lip of the surface area to catch the oil when removing the filter. Very easy to do, just need to find a small thin aluminium or steel bowl (dollor store or ?) that is 1" wide around the filter and 1" high. Take a hole saw and cut out the center of the bowl to match the rim mount (just below the filter) and install with your favorite metal set sealant. I used metal ready but JB weld is good too. Just keep it off the clean mount area were the filter seal makes contact. Drill a hole the size of your drain tube you will do the same with the sealant. Now that oil will go into the drain and into a catch jar, no mess. I will post a few photos when I have completed this.
:cheers:
P2154623.jpg
P2154627.jpg
P2154631 1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom