before and after! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

justbecause

perpetually lost.
Threads
before
26506_1316305820374_1012560070_30791824_5164024_n.jpg

26506_1316305900376_1012560070_30791826_2730096_n.jpg

removed the mis matching springs and shackles
removed besttop (best thing iv done)
replaced fenders
worked on carb
rebuilt brakes
added channel bumpers front and rear 3/16
12k winch
seats are out of a grandheep (better than what i started w/but not permanent)
turn signals replaced with 45 under the head light blinkers
33x10.5s bfg mts gone for 33 12.5 firestone ATs
rebuilt steering
headers and exhaust
3" lift one day 4" hellcreek lift... one day...
hopefully OEM softtop soon....

more to come!
:flipoff2::flipoff2:

26506_1316293900076_1012560070_30791804_3888620_n.jpg

26506_1316293860075_1012560070_30791803_707307_n.jpg

Good work! Lookin good.

Nice! So how long from before to after? I won't ask how much . . . :)

maybe 4 weekends worth of "real work" but it has taken since may 08
the headers were a LOOOOONG hold up... i coudlnt get the intake realigned so i couldnt get her to run for the longest it was about then i met coolhand here on mud and he has been helping me get stuff done but between him wokring all over the south east and me having class (and leaving last summer to work in NM) its just been a slow slow process....
lol the pictures make her look alot better than she does but thats life:rolleyes:

and since the college budget life style require me to be thrifty most everything iv bartered for traded for or worked off... i got most everything from coolhand just b/c he has 4 of these at his house and lots of parts laying around

only major bucks iv spent were on my doors and top everything else has just been few extra bucks iv been able to save here and there
got the bumpers off a guy on e-bay
got my winch by selling a jeep :clap::clap::clap::clap:
had the seats
paint is just rustoleum from lows (waiting to see if it sticks... :eek: )

right now just savin those bucks for goodies.... long list of stuff... snorkel... better lift... yota carb (i have a webber now and im not a fan) lights
ya know... more little stuff ;).... 3fe h55f long range fuel tank.... yea... little stuff

Wondered where it ended up.
That cruiser used to sit down from my dads house. The lady owner was haveing a hard time finding any one who could help her work out the bugs. She told me that 2-3 people had worked on it but was never happy with the problems it kept havening.
Ran in to her one day and I told her about the mud board, Then started seeing it once in a great while on the road.
When she had it up for sale, She was asking WAY to damn much money for it. The only thing good about it was the aftermarket mirrors.
I hope you purchased it for way less than her asking price.
Looks like you have done a good job in the restoration.
Money , time , patience.
Just cant belive it went from the foothills of the smokeys to the cotton fields of 'bammy:cheers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Wondered where it ended up.
That cruiser used to sit down from my dads house. The lady owner was haveing a hard time finding any one who could help her work out the bugs. She told me that 2-3 people had worked on it but was never happy with the problems it kept havening.
Ran in to her one day and I told her about the mud board, Then started seeing it once in a great while on the road.
When she had it up for sale, She was asking WAY to damn much money for it. The only thing good about it was the aftermarket mirrors.
I hope you purchased it for way less than her asking price.
Looks like you have done a good job in the restoration.
Money , time , patience.
Just cant belive it went from the foothills of the smokeys to the cotton fields of 'bammy:cheers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Weird. I never talked to any lady. A buddy of mine dated a girl that lvedthere and he saw it visiting her. I did pay way to much for it but at the time I didn't know anything about this site only eBay prices... So when he guy came off 5000 I told him I would give him 3500 no any more he thought about it and finally said yes. She has her share of issues little leaks here and there the cooling system needs going through and he power steering leaked onto the exhaust so I always have a nice cloud of smoke coming from under the hood. But she
made it the whole way home all 10 hours. EVEN GOT 14 MPG!!! I was very excited about that part. Hope I can bump her up to 16 with a stock carb but those 12.5 s aren't helping mileage any. It looks like this hig was wheeled hard ( which is what've guy I talked to said) any knowledge about what was done to/ with her before I got her? ( other than someone dropping what looks like 5k worth of bondo onto the body)

so cranked her up the other day and im only running on 3 cylinders # 1 4 and 6
i think its the spark plugs i replace all 6 sure enough running better (for about 7 seconds) i heard tap tap POP and it starts pouring smoke outa the tailpipe never started running any rougher than she does normally... any ideas? blown head gasket????

sweet! Great job of bringing a 40 back to life

looks great congrats

did you buy that from montgomery?? I remember seeing that one for sale somewhere

negative, cant remember the town name but it was the top right corner of TN

oh well just remember seeing it somewhere online maybe it was just during one of my hour searches of craigslist... you did a good job by the way

I think you need to look at your valves, buddy. sounds like you broke one.

oh well just remember seeing it somewhere online maybe it was just during one of my hour searches of craigslist... you did a good job by the way
lol ill take any opportunity to poke fun of TN. i got a loan to buy this thing and b4 they would give me the loan i needed a copy of the title i called the guy to ask if he could e-mail me a copy there was a long pause and finally he says "well um actually we havnt gotten internet here yet" i had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. but thanks alot im really happy w/how well that rustoleum looks on there. i still need to get under her and wire brush all the caked on mud and grease off the frame and i WAS going to get an alignment and start driving her daily BUT now iv got to get into the engine.... the fun never ends

I think you need to look at your valves, buddy. sounds like you broke one.

:bang::crybaby::bang:

negative, cant remember the town name but it was the top right corner of TN

The name of the town was "MURVUL" damnit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom