Another FJ Saved!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.outerlimitsupply.com
I bought this FJ a few years back because I've always liked them. For years I've looked on Craig's List and ebay for one I could afford. Low and behold this 1964 popped up on e-bay. I believe that the owner's listing went something like this: "Bought a home and this landcruiser was part of the deal. I have know idea what the history is but it hasn't been registered for 15 years. runs good but needs brakes. I'm a Jeep guy and want this thing out of here". The owner was local and the bid closed without meeting his reserve price. Since I had already checked it out prior to the auction ending I called him and asked what he wanted for it. After some negotiating I drove her home for $1,650!!! One man's trash is another's treasure!

I literally just adjusted the brakes, checked the fliuds, and took off for the hills. My wife, nepfew, and I had a great summer 4-wheeling through the hills of Colorado. When winter came I through a plow on and plowed through 4 feet of snow at times. Unfortunately, that winter did her in and the 4wd stopped working. She was parked for the last couple of years and recently I started to get the itch to get her back on the road. After a few hours on the battery charger she fired right up as if she had never stopped.

As some of you know I ended up breaking the front axel and I'm in the process of installing a new one. While diagnosing the 4wd problem I came across this site and have been hooked ever since. I had know idea that there was this many "Cruiser Heads" out there. Just thought that I'd share my story and by the way, she staying completely stock!!!
DSCF4074.JPG
DSCF4076.JPG
DSCF4079.JPG

Last edited:
Beelzebub! :grinpimp: Gotcha!

Do yourself a big favor and change out the single circuit MC with a dual circuit one. Stopping and steering are priority one with these old beasts. Nice score!!!

Right on, love to hear another cruiser is here to stay! Good looking ride!

Love the old hard tops and the bi fold rear hatch! Welcome to MUD! 3 hrs a day every day

Damn, now I want an even older truck to fix! :doh:

Nice looking rig you got there!

Loving the stock too.

:cheers:

cool stock rig----nice find for sure

Congrats on the 'Cruiser, and saving it from undeserving heepers! Got any more pictures to offer us? I can't decide which is better looking, the FJ or the terrain!

Nice !!!! Keep posting and try to make it to Pismo this November you would fit right in, Tony is right think about changing out the Master cylinder. I would dig seeing more pics of the inside. Again Welcome Brother

Inside pics

Here's a few pictures of the inside. She's on jacks in the garage with limited space. I'll post some better photos when she's rolloing again.
FJ40 009.jpg
FJ40 012.jpg
DSCF3957.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom