Need Picture of 1978 gas Pedal 3FE-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Iam redoing the gas pedal on my 3FE - 40, and need to know what the stock pedal looks like.

I've rounded up a FJ60 pedal and what I think is a FJ40 pedal..don't know what year. I plan to use a 3FE Throttle cable, and need to weld a eye to the top of the pedal...or come up with something else.

I think I have am mini truck pedal in there now- the cable is too short and the idle won't kisck down - it just ain't right. :frown:

any pictures would help me fiqure out what I have.

Thanks - Mark

Here is what I've got - the one that is one the truck hits the e-brake.

pedal1.jpg

deals1.jpg

Hey mmw68

:beer:Got a cable for you!! If you can find the bracket for the throttle lock you could use that 60 pedal with the 62 cable. You should be able to clear your e brake. Anything else you need before Sunday night call me.

TB Cleaning

Randy - I'll call you Sunday, I did made some progress today, I tweaked the pedal just a little and adjusted the cable. The 3FE cable should work great. While adjusting the cable I noticed how dirty the TB looked.

I decided to remove it and clean it. WOW - the amount of crud in the TB and manifold was amazing! I even had to use a drimmel and cut off wheel to remove those small water hoses off the TB. It looked as if it had never been off the truck - or cleaned.

I used up three cans of TB cleaner and cleaned it all up. The TB was missing a few screws, and the TPS was bad. Luckly I had a spare TB from my 3FE stash, and built one good TB from the two. Then Following the crazy FSM ohm meter procedure I tweaked the TB and TPS, put it all back together - bolted it on the truck - and she fired right up!!! :D

I had a great helper during this whole process - my 5 year old. She was great, I think she is going to be the mechanic in the family.

nat_tb.jpg

engine.jpg

MMW68,

what would you charge to swap out a 2F in my 40 and put in a 3FE with auto?

I have all the parts?

MMW68,

what would you charge to swap out a 2F in my 40 and put in a 3FE with auto?

I have all the parts?

You need to ping iaintscared1969 who posted above, he's the resident engine swapper ;) You could do the 3FE with your 4-speed, or upgrade to a 5-speed (h55f) ... but that A440F is going to be to long for a 40's drivetrain.

Cheers!
Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom