Cruise Moab '10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EarthX

Owner of Earth Exploration Technologies
Threads
Im pretty sure Im going this year. So are you 60 guys planing on attending? If so, what trails are you going to sign up for? I know there has been 60 series runs planned in years past and I'd really like to see that this year as well. Maybe its already being talked about somewhere else?

Sounds like we may start right here....... we also may get moved to chit chat too

I and 4 other rigs/owners from Durango I know will be in attendance, I'm the only 60. I did Hell's Revenge last year and I'll prob. do Kane's or Spider this year...I try not to schedule too many "official" trail runs so I and friends can tinker around elsewhere...(Long Canyon, Gemini, Pucker, etc.)

Hey I'll be the token busted beat up probably not gonna make it why is that guy even here 60! I always like to call dibs on being the dumb guy!

I'll be there this year too. I'm trying to get one more local FJ60 ready to go but we'll have to see if we can get him ready. I've been youtubing the trails on the cruisemoab.com site and found several that look fun and challenging. I'm waiting to see what days the trails show up on the registration form but they will be from the 5, 6, and 7 rated groups.

I'll be there. Oinker, we'll have to get together beforehand, would love to see your conversion. Last year was my first CM (we just moved here from the east coast) and I was shocked at how many 80's there were, and how few 60's. There were a good number of 40's too, but lots and lots of 80s and a lot of fj cruisers too. I think I only saw two 55's and one 45, but there could have been more.

Alright guys, I want to sign up but Id like to hit the same runs that some 60 are doing. Have any of you singed up?

Pretty sure the wife and I will be going again this year. Probably running the same rated trails as last year.

Hey Trap, how have you been? Any new badass mods, like TWO bottle openers on the ARB? You bringing some of that world famous beer?

Registered!!!

Here's what we are doing.

Trail Selections
Wednesday Overnight:True
Wednesday BLM:4
Thursday 1st: Rating: 5 Tip Toe Behind the Rocks - 13 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 16 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 14 Spots Left
Thursday BLM: 4
Friday 1st: Rating: 5 Porcupine Rim - 17 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 5 Gold Bar Rim - 16 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 12 Spots Left
Friday BLM: 4
Saturday 1st: Rating: 5 Wipe Out Hill - 10 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners - 15 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 15 Spots Left

Last edited:
I just registered. I'll have the family with me so we're going a little mild:
Thurs: Elephant Hill
Fri: Fins 'n Things (although I don't think I'd rate Fins a 4, it's got some scary moments, especially some of those steep climbs where all you can see is your hood!)
Sat: Chicken Corners

Just finished registration:

Thursday
First Choice: Behind the Rocks
Second Choice: Golden Spike
Third Choice: Hells Revenge

Friday
First Choice: Moab Rim
Second Choice: Hells Revenge
Third Choice: Gold Bar Rim

Saturday
First Choice: Golden Spike
Second Choice: Poison Spider Mesa
Third Choice: Hells Revenge

Coming with the '55 but if that for some reason isn't ready then it will be the BJ60. I just thought it would be cool in the '55.

Bringing it back up. Who else is going to be the? What trails are you going to be on? I got word I'll be on Gold Bar Rim Friday.

We're getting there sometime Thursday for Vendors night. I'm hoping to hit another trail if time permits, just don't know which.

havent gotten official trail confirmation yet but should be

Pritchett
Hells Revenge
BFE

should be fun :)
P1000687.jpg

A question on the CB radio requirement, does it need to be a 40 channel or is a 23 channel sufficient? I need to see what low cost options I have.

Picked up a handheld CB on Ebay. Should be fine. I'll make sure I have the 12v adapter.

The best local deal I found for a cb was actually Flying J truck stop, they have everything you can imagine at decent prices. I'm not a pro but the brands seemed ok. I picked up a cheapie hand-held last year for CM and they had all of the adaptors and everything. I was surprised how hard it was to find a cb at a brick and mortar store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom