Rubithon 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many changes are planned for Rubithon in 2009!

REGISTRATIONS ARE ON THE WEB SITE..... www.rubithon.com (General and committee Regs)
To confirm, you will enter on 1 run only, although we ask you to choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd preference.

Changes for 2009 include: Dinner, Raffle and M-Bar Friday night. Saturday and Sunday are exit days, no exit strategy. Adding a new Tuesday run, dropping the Friday run. Unit cost for all items and no breakfast in 09.

Basically, we are simplifying Rubithon for 2009. Culminating all activities on Friday night and ending event at raffle conclusion. We are opening Sat and Sun to all members to exit at their leisure. There will be no exit strategy and you have two days to get out. We are not providing a breakfast this year due to Friday activities.

I expect to announce the new Rubithon Chairman at Rubithon.

New Comm Leads include:
Jim Henle is taking over as Trail Lead
Robert Mutzig is taking over as Camp Lead
Cindy Twiddy is taking over at Registration
Ross Woody is taking full Kitchen Lead this year

Due to activities happening Friday night, we are dropping the Friday morning Run. If many folks find this to be difficult, we could add a Tahoe side in if needed.

The FJ Trail Team is NOT confirmed for 09. We will keep you posted but without them, there will be no FJ run.

We are changing the pricing format. All items will be unit cost to avoid giving folks stuff they do not want.

We are expecting a much smaller event this year due to the economy. For 2009, it all about the wheeling and not the event. :)

We have a new Fax number, currently on our web site.

We expect to have the registration forms ready by weeks end, 1/25. If we late, just check back in later.

Thanks all! Looking forward to a safe and fun 2009 Rubithon!

Registrations in hand:

Abreu
Adams
Booth
Bosworth
Baucher
Brewer
Brown, B
Brown, D
Brown, K
Cagliostro
Carnahan
Colton
contreras
Cortez
Marlin
Daigle
Delaney
Demetras
Dias
Dremman
Dyche
Evans
Evans, M
Farrell
Gatton
Hardeman
Henderson, C
Jackson, B
Jackson, J
Jones
Kennedy
Kilgore
Knorr, M
Knorr, D
Kruske
Kulzer
Langdon
Larson
Mackey
Malfatti
Mattei
Miller, J
Mudrak
Murray
Newell
Rodriquez
Sarratea
Sherk
Shoff
Stayner
Steiger
Swarbrick
Taintor
Thomas, D
Thompson
Woody
Zaragoza

Tony Twiddy
Rubithon Chairman Exiting
Rubithon@tlca.org
Rubithon: the official TLCA event

Last edited:
Getting rid of that near sighted Goat Roper in Registration was a great choice! :lol::lol::hillbilly:

Bill Smith

AKA.....

Wow that time again already :)

Great event in 2008! Looking forward to going again this year.

The FJ Trail Team is NOT confirmed for 09. We will keep you posted but without them, there will be no FJ run.

I will be dragging a few FJC's along with me. We're trying to get a complete group to go even if the TT don't attend. There appears to be some interest now, but we'll see how it goes as the event gets closer.

If we come again, we're definately going to look for the one days straight thru again.

Newbie questions for ya...

Is this a Toyota oonly event or are other makes okay as long as they're tlca members?
Each run per day is $100, so if i wanted to run three days it would be !$300???

TIA

Newbie questions for ya...

Is this a Toyota oonly event or are other makes okay as long as they're tlca members?
Each run per day is $100, so if i wanted to run three days it would be !$300???

TIA

Rubithon is a "Point A" to "Point B" event -- Your registration is for the event. You can't leave in the middle. So it's $100.

It's TLCA member event. I know of very few people (Jeeper Ron) that show up in anything but a Toyota.

I will be dragging a few FJC's along with me. We're trying to get a complete group to go even if the TT don't attend. There appears to be some interest now, but we'll see how it goes as the event gets closer.

I'll be there with either the 40 or the 80 (or perhaps both) - no FJC tho, unless one magically appears on my doorstep ;)

Thanks for the clarification, I just realized i was looking at last years reg. form.
So it's not a common thing BUT is allowed. We have a member of our chapter that like an asopted loved one...very involved in the meets and club and goes to almost every function with us, but her LC is mysteriously an isuzu. It's only a matter of time until she trades it in.

Hi Josh...

Yes, it is a Toyota Event for TLCA members, but you can drive anything you want as long as your committee believes it can cut mustard. That means minimum requirements and safety inspection.

Sbechtold... the Trail Team is non responsive to date and the FJ run dropped. If you would like to informally lead an FJ group I would be ecstatic. However, choose wisely. :)

So far, the FJ cruiser calls are well built trucks with no experience.

I'll be there with either the 40 or the 80 (or perhaps both) - no FJC tho, unless one magically appears on my doorstep ;)

Cool! We'll see you there. The 40 is far more fun... :p

Sbechtold... the Trail Team is non responsive to date and the FJ run dropped. If you would like to informally lead an FJ group I would be ecstatic. However, choose wisely. :)

So far, the FJ cruiser calls are well built trucks with no experience.

Got it Tony. I'll let you know what the plans are once I figure them out. :)

are the June 16-21 dates solid for Rubithon 2009?

Solid... Tony had talked about earlier, but we are locked in now on those dates. It will actually end on the 19th -- Exit on your own either Saturday or Sunday. Raffle and Dinner are moving to Friday night this year.

Pighead can't find the Rubithon site....is it because he sux at the interweb?

OK, good. Thanks...
How come I can't get there through the TLCA site?

Im Still in Vegas. Truck is still in Ohio. However I made it last year. Maybe this year I will have something other than a bicycle and make the whole run.

Been surfin craigs list for something to weld a dif and run in. I got some $$ in the bank, look out.

Looking for something under 2000 that I can make the 6 hour trip in. Doesnt have to make it back, just there! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom