2010 ONSC Events Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
All,

Here is our schedule for 2010. Regardless of who's doing the co-ordinating next year, we voted (and had a lot of requests) on publishing the schedule a year in advance so people knew what we were doing and could plan. So here goes:

January 16-17 : Multi-Club HAMOM, Athens, GA
February 6-7: 2010 Meet and Greet at The Farm (Spring Meeting), Denton, NC
March 20-21: Gulches, SC w/Upstate Cruisers
April 21-25: OBXSTR 2010
May 15-16: Uwharrie Spring Run w/ Lowcountry Upstate
June 7-13: GSMTR 2010 at Golden Mountain Park in SPARTA, TN
July 16-18: Sherando Lake, VA
August 7-8: Philanthropy Event
September 10-12: Uwharrie (Fall Meeting)
October 9-11: Washington/Jefferson Nat. Forest (Picked these dates as some of us might have Monday off for Columbus Day?) with MATLCA
November 11-14: Brown Mountain Area, NC (Picked these dates as some might have Veterans day off)
December 4-5: Uwharrie (Winter Meeting)

Dates in red coincide with regular meeting weekends and we'll be in a central location so more people will be able to attend. If we stick with the alternating meeting locations that puts us at:

January, May, August in the Triad I suggest a Grasshoppers ball game for August
March, June, October in Charlotte I suggest the WW center in June
April, July, November in Raleigh I suggest tailgating a Hurricanes game in Nov.

Both Upstate groups and MATLCA have our schedule, and possible co-ordinated events other that those listed above, may/will be possible.

Side trips (scouting runs, Harlan, Backwoods, Portsmouth Island, etc.) are just that, planned on the side...

Brian

:steer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian. Thanks for all the hard work on the schedule for 2009 and now for 2010..

On a side note for Side Trips. Places I plan on trying out in 2010: Harlan again, Coal Creek/Winrock(I hear this place is massive like Harlan), and Callante(or however the hell you spell it)which is up past boone...

Great job Brian. Thanks for the hard work and organization. Hope to be at the majority of these!

What is Sherando lake??

Sherando Lake is up in Va, and Joe and Jason went up there. There were others but not sure who else. They reccomended going back up there, so I'm game!

Sherando Lake is up in Va, and Joe and Jason went up there. There were others but not sure who else. They reccomended going back up there, so I'm game!

Sounds cool

They were great trails. I had to head out a little early before going to any falls though. I can't comment on those. Very steep area and the camping area was pretty nice as well.

Joe could speak up but I think there were more trails than we went on. But even at that I did them all in my stock 4-runner but they were very challenging in parts.

Ok, nobody caught the fact that our September Uwharrie run was on Labor Day weekend. So I moved that back a weekend, becuase I know that won't fly.

Upstate Cruisers-Lowcountry are going to join us at our May Uwharrie Spring trip.

GSMTR has been announced June 16-20

Update your schedules, you've been forewarned

Brian, you rock man. Excellent job with everything as the coordinator. As Greg said, you've set the bar very high.

Guys I would like too lock this thread by December 15th and make it a single post with the calendar so there's a quick and simple place for active and prospective members to go to see about trips without having to read through the chat. Anyone opposed?

I'm all for it. I was surprised it wasn't locked already. I say give it another week and cut it off.

The only reccomendation I can give is it might be cold as *&^% at brown Mt in November.. I can't remember how high it was but it was August when we were there and it wasn't exactly warm. But I'm from Oregon and when it gets above 70 we say screw it and go inside to the AC. I thought Culowhee was awesome when it hit 25 that night.

But the only other options are VA and it is going to be cold there as well. I mean it is winter. Seams like a good spread to me.

Coal Creek/Windrock

Brian. Thanks for all the hard work on the schedule for 2009 and now for 2010..

On a side note for Side Trips. Places I plan on trying out in 2010: Harlan again, Coal Creek/Winrock(I hear this place is massive like Harlan), and Callante(or however the hell you spell it)which is up past boone...

Hello ONSC

We've been to Windrock several times and always enjoyed the wheeling. If you'd like company or want to discuss the area, please let me know. We always stay at the Comfort Inn in Oak Ridge as it gives you a discount if you mention you're there to go to Windrock.

Glad to see you've scheduled the OBX trip for my birthday. I appreciate the courtesy! <smile>

Peter E. Brown
Bluegrass Cruisers

When's yours? Mine's the 24th... :)

I've been to Windrock many times as well, lots of trails of all levels. They also have great camping facilities there if you prefer to camp. I'm always up for Harlan as well, by far our favorite place to wheel.

Cool to see the Gulches on the list as it will be right about an hour from our new place in Chesnee, SC. Heather and I will be joining the club once we make the move to the new place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom