Build a Teardrop Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

teardrop

Here are a couple pics of mine, not done but definately campable. It's a 5'x10', 33x10.5, ARB RTT and fridge.
photo 8.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 6.jpg

Those teardrop trailers are interesting. A nice thing about them is if you don't want to build a trailer frame, you can easily use one of the many commodity small trailer frames out there.

Now That is a pretty trailer! What wood is it made of?

Another benefit to teardrops is your bed is always ready. If it is late when you get to the campsite and it is just the two of you, just back in open the door and go to sleep.

Great looking teardrop meat. Nice way to go with the tent on top if you have kids. The extra room is cool too. Do you have pictures of the inside and how it works with the teardrop access?

Here are a couple pics of mine, not done but definately campable. It's a 5'x10', 33x10.5, ARB RTT and fridge.

holy cow, incredible work! What woods did you use for that? And how did you build the corner enge on that? It looks like one piece of wood rolled over the entire edge?

Great job Meat...why all the Trailer Tech forum hate bro?...:lol:

post that build thread up in the over there...would love to see it, and there's not many over there enclosed. :beer:

holy cow, incredible work! What woods did you use for that? And how did you build the corner enge on that? It looks like one piece of wood rolled over the entire edge?
The wood used was western red cedar, always liked the cedar strip canoes, then fiberglassed. On the edge I used a 2x3 piece in different lengths depending on the radius, scribed it to the wall and to the roof, then used a big round over bit.
Great job Meat...why all the Trailer Tech forum hate bro?...:lol:

post that build thread up in the over there...would love to see it, and there's not many over there enclosed. :beer:
I, unfortunately, didn't take many pictures, I had good intentions when I started but then kinda dropped the ball. When I get a chance I will post what few pics I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom