For Sale 79 FJ40 SOA Chevy 350 37" Iroks - Tampa Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

NEW PICTURES LOCATED HERE
fj40 pictures by corbinwelterphotos - Photobucket

I am putting my 79 FJ40 up for sale. Dont really want to sell it, but i am enlisting in the Military.

i have owned it for 5 years now. when i purchased the cruiser it was original paint rustic green but very faded. Past owner installed the Chevy 350 because the 2F locked up. It had a 2.5" SUA lift on 36" tires. And now to how it sits currently.

Drivetrain and suspension:
-Chevy 350, 4 bolt, late model with Vortec heads, edelbrock performer intake manifold, performer 650 cfm carb, 10:1 keith black hypo pistons. Thats all i remember from past owners description. It does have a very lopey cam, unknow brand or specs. Unknow crank. Hi flow water pump, alum pulleys, 100 amp alt, Optima red top mounted on manafre mount, stock radiator, 180 thermostat, over the frame headers. less than 10k miles. New MSD HEI distributor, new msd wires, new plugs.
-over the frame headers go into 3" exhaust with hooker aerochamber mufflers and supertrapp disc diffuser silencers. Sounds very good and loud, very loud without the silencers.
-Stock 4 speed H42, runs and shifts perfect and smooth
-Stock 4 speed tcase, runs and shifts perfect and smooth, has a leak at the parking brake.
-front and rear axles have been rebuilt by PO, unknow mileage.
-new front custom high angle 49 degree driveshaft from Jesse at high angle with new flanges
-cv rear shaft from front mini truck
-mini truck power steering
-marlin crawler hi steer
-SOA with i believe to be stock springs with 1.5 add a leafs.
-rear springs flipped
-stock disc front and drum rear. drums need to be rebuilt.
-steers extremely straight all the way up to 70mph
-ford front shock towers with bilstein shocks up front
-no rear shocks yet
-brand new 35x12.50r15 BF Goodrich KM2s on 15x8 US wagon wheels, 1.5 backspacing.

Body:
-Needs paint, i have spray painted it olive drab, and now decided to go back to Rustic green, i bought some custom made spray cans with automotive single stage and painted the drivers side and the hood. never completed it because paint is $30 a can, ran out of money and time.
-Rust: Drivers side floor has rusted out and PO riveted new sheet metal in place, very sturdy and pretty good job, but i do have a new panel to replace it for a original look. passenger side floor pan has some rust running along the rocker panel where the floor pan meets it. On the passenger side kick vent there is a rust hole. Drivers side rear quarter panel has some rust holes. Frame is extremely solid and no structual rust. hardtop has rust on drivers side rear panel, i do have a replacement.
-Interior has original paint on dash, condition was to perfect to spray paint so i left it all original. Has a cb radio where the ashtray was and oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure gauges mounted on the very bottom where the radio was.
-no heater unit but blower still works and all switches intact.
-Corbeau drivers seat and stock passenger seat, didnt have the extra money for 2 seats.
-floor pan has been rhinolined truck bed liner but is flaking off
-hardtop came off another cruiser, it was red. outside currently painted olive drab and inside is red still. Rust as stated above and couple rust spots on the drip rail. fiberglass is excellent condition. no repairs. glass is excellent.
-2 diffrent style Kayline STC soft tops available for extra $$$
-one full set of Kayline 2 piece soft doors and one set of early style doors off a 72. Early doors need to be restored, no rust, good glass.
-Hood has some rust holes on the front, looks to be from bugs never washed off. 2 holes on the front of the hood are from a hood pin setup now removed.
-all dash gauges work perfect, wipers work, emergency signals work, turn signals work, all brake lights work, all lights work.
-new stainless hood latches, new emblems, new mirrors, new stainless fender hardware, new 4 speed shift knob, new shift pattern glove box plaque.
-rear fender well has been trimmed to match front

The bad, also noted some in above:
-rust issues noted above
-clutch throw out bearing whines, but no issues yet. Does need to be replaced but i have been driving it for 4 years. It was new when motor put in but PO parked the cruiser for a couple years after new motor.
-needs rear brake work
-transfer case leaks at parking brake
-engine drips oil very slowly behind motor only when running but is not serious, i believe it is coming from the distributor but cant get it to stop. no leaks from heads or rear main.
-needs rear traction bar
-needs gas tank replaced because it is rusty when fuel level gets low, i have a brand new one included, just havnt had the time to replace.
-if the cruiser sits for more than a month it will not prime itself gas, i believe because of the rust in the tank. If you pour a little bit of fuel in the carb it starts right up and primes itself.
-needs passenger side matching seat.
-needs paint
-needs rear shocks

This cruiser needs some love, but has a lot accomplished already.
I drove it for almost a year straight as my only vehicle with zero issue exactly how i just described it, drives 70mph perfect on the highway.
Also included will be the orignal 2F, inside looks very clean, but never found the problem the PO stated.

-Corbin Welter

more pics to come

Last edited:
Corbin ......... Hi! I was just wondering if your FJ is still for sale.

Thanks!

Janna Roper

(TEXASgirl)

Yes it is, now sits on 35" BFG KM2 mud terrains

Have you done anything else (made any other changes) since you posted it for sale? .......... Thanks for the quick reply!

No i have not, i do not have a lot of time or money to work on it so she sits and awaits.

i did drive the 40 all last week so i could test out the new tires.

picture with the new tires
2.jpg

Have you made any other changes to it since you posted it for sale? The tires are what we have on our '73 Bronco. Perfect!

if you would like to come by and see it, give me a call 813-335-1874

sorry for the TWO messages! Im new to this site! ........... It looks great. I have been helping my husband build our '73 Bronco and had a blast. Now that it is up and "playing" I want something of my own and fell in love with the FJs. What are you asking now?

i am open for offers, would like to get 6k

Thank you. I will definatly keep it in mind. I am looking for a project that needs a little more TLC for my "own" project. Yours is GREAT and I could definatly see myself in it! I have to talk my husband into putting up the money for a "smaller" project. I know he wants me to "work" a little more on "my OWN" LOL ........... Thanks again and I will definatly be in touch!

sorry the FJ40 is no longer for sale, decided to keep it and put in storage.

sorry the FJ40 is no longer for sale, decided to keep it and put in storage.

That explains the no response to my PM.

Kinda glad you decided to keep it...you'd most likely regret selling it.

Thanks for fighting for our freedom!!!

Beautious rig, glad you didn't let it go for 6k (cuz I'd prolly be sleeping in my 60 to pay it off).

stay safe, and you've got at least one reliable thing to look forward to when you get home, tho I hope you have more...

New Price $6,000. Need to sell ASAP.

The head gasket blew in my FZJ80 that i drive daily. I need the money to fix it.

Last edited:
The FJ40 is back up for sale, need it gone ASAP.

$6,000

Last edited:
bump bump bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom