For Sale or Trade, Nice, Built FJ62 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*** SOLD ***

In an effort to reduce my "inventory" I am offering up my 1990 FJ62 Land Cruiser for sale or trade. I bought a FJ40 last year and i am trying to be practical and just have one "wheelin" rig. A trade would give the chance to sell my current DD....a Ranger. Trades that i would consider are some what wide open, Tacoma's, FZJ80's, 4Runner's or any other Toyota that you may have that would make a good DD. The trade difference could be even up or plus or minus some cash depending on the trade vehicle.
We bought this 1990 Cruiser 4 years ago just as an extra vehicle to pamper and drive on nice days, I had never wheeled before. It had 245K miles when we bought it, now has just over 250K miles. The PO stated that he had an employee of his rebuild the motor at 200K miles. It runs great, I really have no reason to doubt him. The trany and TC are original and i have no problems with either. I had not intended to buy a vehicle with this many miles but it drove great and it was obvious by its condition that it had great care. The first thing I did was to have a professional re-paint done. This is a very good quality paint job. It had typical minor rust when I bought it, in a couple wheel wells and some seams but it wasn't bad at all. I do have photos of before new paint that are not digital that I can make available if some one is very interested. I also have some progressive Polaraids available of the paint job as it was done. Everything was removed before painting. At the time if I had known I was going to wheel this rig i would not have spent this kind of money on such a nice paint job.....your gain I guess.
I will post up more pics and interior shots when i get home from vacation on Sunday or Monday (03/30)

The good:
Runs and drives great.
The interior is in excellent shape except for the usual tear in left side of the drivers seat. Stay tuned for interior pics.
OME 2.5" Heavy Duty Lift
OME shocks and steering stabilizer
MAF High flow Cats, Muffler, exhaust.
Recent rebuilt knuckles
Rear Aussie Locker
Custom Top "Rack" built for body protection could hold a whole lot of weight, built by Outback Offroad.
ARB Bull Bar front bumper
Warn Xi9000 winch
SROR rear bumper with quarter panel protection.
Swing away tire/hi-lift carrier by Outback Offroad
Rock Sliders by SROR
New front calipers
33" Dunlop Mud rover MT's w/ approximately 80% rubber
15" Steel wheels
Recent plugs & wires
Recent service to:
Trany
TC
Rear differential
Front differential
Brake system bled

The bad:
There is some minor rust bubbles and minor off road dings incurred before i armoured the rig. I can offer pics of this later as well.
Rear brakes need adjusted, I have replaced all components and have not been able to get them dialed in. I am "missing" something here, this should be a free fix, just a matter doing it right.
There is a very, very slow leak between the trany and TC. this is on my "list" but my 40 got in the way of my 62 list (rear brakes also). I drain off only a palm full of TC gear oil about every 1K miles and check the trany fluid.

This has really been a great truck, drives great on the road and does fantastic off road. The truck has more ability than I do driving!!

To sell out right, asking $8,200

Cell 260-242-0509
Work 260-347-4000#239
Home 260-3471669
email tom@reliabletool.com

Like i said, I will post more pics next week and also check my pile of receipts, I'm sure there is something there I missed.
Thanks for looking.
2008 GSMTR 030.jpg

2008 GSMTR 019.jpg

2008 GSMTR 115.jpg
2008 GSMTR 030.jpg
2008 GSMTR 019.jpg
2008 GSMTR 115.jpg

Last edited:
I'm the first one to say I hate to see your 62 go Tom! That rig convinced me to pull the trigger and get a 62 of my own! I'll certainly miss hanging on the side of it for you!

This is one of the prettiest 62's I've seen and had the pleasure of riding in!

Good luck with the sale Tom!

This cruiser really is beautiful!!

And when tom did wheel it (not often) he wheeled it like a wenie!!!

This is a very sweet 62. What else can I say?

Self Indulgent Bump

Forgot to mention....the AC blows cold.
If anbody is contemplating building a dual purpose rig....comfortable on the road and very capable on the trails, save yourself thousandsof $$ (literally) and buy this one (or trade) which is ready to go.
When I total my receipts (if you want to see copies, lemme know) is when I have second thought's on selling this, then I remind myself that it will not be used so let it go to someone who is going to properly utilize it!!
Even with out the paint job, I have reciepts for over $14K and that is me doing all the work, not paying anybody. Like I said, that DOES NOT include the paint.

Think about it!!!

A reciever is built into the bumper.
1990 FJ62 001.jpg

1990 FJ62 006.jpg

1990 FJ62 021.jpg
1990 FJ62 001.jpg
1990 FJ62 006.jpg
1990 FJ62 021.jpg

1990 FJ62 027.jpg

Sorry about the trail dust in the engine compartment.;)
1990 FJ62 029.jpg

The swing away does hold a Hi-Lift. The spare is a new 33" Mastercraft MT.
1990 FJ62 030.jpg

I went through my receipts, here are a few more items to add to the list:

MAF U-Bolt Flip Kit
Hella Horns
Optima Red Top Battery
New power window relay assembly
Cruise Control added by the PO that works
Extended SS brake hoses
The rotors were turned when I replaced the calipers

Thanks for looking!!
1990 FJ62 027.jpg
1990 FJ62 029.jpg