Sad News - no Ramble this year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just found this on the RLC board:

"2. No Ramble this year, but we will help out with the Regional Event in Missouri this year. We will have a Ramble again next year and consequent even years. There’s just too much to do for just the few people that have volunteered the last couple of years, and we’re already too late to start this year….MORE volunteers are needed for next year!"

This was posted by Gary Clough VP RLC

I don't know how this will influence our schedule but I'm still willing to put something together for our group if folks still want to come. Won't be a raffle or anything but the rocks will still be there.

Early June is a great time to wheel and I suspect that time slot will be lost if something does not change. Very sad:crybaby:

Razorback, Tornado Alley, AR TTORA, Tall Corn, Green Country Cruisers & I'm sure I missed one or two other clubs will not be having their individual events this year and are combining forces/efforts to host a national TLCA event at SMORR Off-Road Park this year. They hope to have the national event every other year and the local clubs will be hosting their events every other year... at least thats the plan as it stands right now.

Here's a like to the event registration. Great American Toyota Offroad Rally - Eventbrite . I don't think registration is open yet but will be soon I believe. Plans are still being finalized for the event. Here's a link to SMORR; SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home . It's close to Branson and Springfield and is being billed a vacation/wheeling event with a focus on folks who are new to wheeling. There are, or were plans, for a day-trip up to Flat Nasty for those who want to beat their junk hard.

Dangit. I'm in if we can wheel the June 4-7. Done got that weekend off for the nonexistent Ramble.

So I guess the Ramble free ride certificate I won at the Cruiser Crawl ain't worth much.

The CLC folks would attend a Beer Drankin' held at that fine park. Put it together for us Daryl. I bet we can get as many rigs as they usually have for the ramble if we talk it up. Hell, I even know a printer that could do some shirts for us! I think it would be a blast!

Later,

The CLC folks would attend a Beer Drankin' held at that fine park. Put it together for us Daryl. I bet we can get as many rigs as they usually have for the ramble if we talk it up. Hell, I even know a printer that could do some shirts for us! I think it would be a blast!

Later,

a NONEVENT t shirt I like it.

Team Tolleson would love to come to a non event!

Kowboy, get your thinkin' cap on and come up with something cool for us to do at Superlift during that time. We'll bring at least 4 trucks.

Later,

Sort of an - "I ain't got nothin better to do this weekend since the Razorback Ramble was cancled" non-event?...........I like it:hmm:

I can talk to BJ and see if I can work out some sort of deal for the weekend. I know we can work out something on the food and such. Beer has never been too much of a problem. May even be able to get some entertainment lined up...

Now your talkin'

Later,

Dang, y'all beat us to it. The Memphricans were going to take it over if somebody else didn't. Holler if we can do anything. This is gonna be bigger than the Ramble...

I want to help too.
Being a non-wheeler, I think I'm qualified for a non-event.
Keep up the good work!
N

Sort of an - "I ain't got nothin better to do this weekend since the Razorback Ramble was cancled" non-event?...........I like it:hmm:

I can talk to BJ and see if I can work out some sort of deal for the weekend. I know we can work out something on the food and such. Beer has never been too much of a problem. May even be able to get some entertainment lined up...

Dang, y'all beat us to it. The Memphricans were going to take it over if somebody else didn't. Holler if we can do anything. This is gonna be bigger than the Ramble...

I want to help too.
Keep up the good work!
N

looks like we may have a "Non Ramble Ramble"

I want to help too.
Keep up the good work!
N

That's some good $hit right there Bud. I will be calling on some of you folks for some help. I have already gotten with BJ and secured the weekend for our non-event and he is going to cut us a deal on the park fees. I doubt we could do the whole raffle thing but who knows. Maybe a few vendors would be willing to donate a prize or two and we could do sort of a door prize thing:hmm:

I have contacted the leadership of the Razorback Landcruiser Club to make sure they ton't have issues with this - can't imagine that they would. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I'm thinkin this could be FUN!

man! I was counting on this here gig to attend.

As it is, I am still trying to convince my boss on not having a Board meeting on that week.

...and at the same time trying to convince my wife to come too!

if all planets, moon and the sun lined up, I am in for this gig.

now where's the guy that runs this here joint?

I envisioned a Dirty Santa type raffle, but things could get out of hand with that.

I'm bettin we could get a few of our strong supporting vendors (I won't put them on the spot by naming them here but you know who they are) to donate just a few small prizes. My thoughts would be to try to arrange a dinner Fri and Sat nights and hand out a ticket with each meal. After the meal we could draw a couple of tickets and hand out the prizes as a door prize sort of thing. I'm working with some of my AR buddies right now but we're thinking a BBQ one night and a Southern style fish fry the next. I think we could keep the cost down to something like $5 a plate. I'll front the expense if we can get some sort of sign-up sheet going and then just put up a donation jar at the dinner to help offset the cost. I'm not concerned that it work out to the penny and would suggest any funds raised over and above actual cost should be donated to the WTOE general fund (which was pretty much wiped out with the last charitable effort undertaken) as I suspect we will need a lot of help from them to pull this off. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I am in and will help with what ever. I am splitting time between memphis, tn and monticello, ar so let me know what is needed.

Thanks for the offer. Man, you're only about 35 minutes from us when you are in Monticello. We need to get together for dinner or something.

I'm bettin we could get a few of our strong supporting vendors (I won't put them on the spot by naming them here but you know who they are) to donate just a few small prizes. My thoughts would be to try to arrange a dinner Fri and Sat nights and hand out a ticket with each meal. After the meal we could draw a couple of tickets and hand out the prizes as a door prize sort of thing. I'm working with some of my AR buddies right now but we're thinking a BBQ one night and a Southern style fish fry the next. I think we could keep the cost down to something like $5 a plate. I'll front the expense if we can get some sort of sign-up sheet going and then just put up a donation jar at the dinner to help offset the cost. I'm not concerned that it work out to the penny and would suggest any funds raised over and above actual cost should be donated to the WTOE general fund as I suspect we will need a lot of help from them to pull this off. Thoughts?

Darly what about a pot luck night....... seems as though by using the board we could plan a meal letting everyone participate in......:meh:

Darly what about a pot luck night....... seems as though by using the board we could plan a meal letting everyone participate in......:meh:

I was kinda thinkin that could be a Thursday nite kinda thing. Seems like more and more folks are showing up on the Thursday evening and I would like to have something each evening to pull folks together for the fellowship and camaraderie (the best part if you ask me). I am, however, open to suggestion as I have never organized one of these before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom